This Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe is so good you will want to frost everything with it! Sweet, delicious, and perfect for your next cake, cupcake, or cookie!
Looking for a tasty, easy, whipped cream cheese frosting recipe? Look not further.
This is the best cream cheese frosting ever. Not only is it tasty but it’s sturdy enough to pipe- so you can use it for anything!
I’ve used this recipe on so many cupcakes and cookies that I thought it needs to have its own post.
It is my favorite go-to cream cheese frosting recipe.
Here are just a few recipes I use this recipe for:
How to make whipped cream cheese frosting:
- Combine butter and cream cheese until fully incorporated
- Add in the vanilla, heavy cream, and salt
- Add in the powdered sugar
- Mix until fully incorporated
Can I double the recipe?
How much does this recipe make?
If you want to pile the frosting on high (like these), or crumb coat and final coat a cake I’d recommend doubling the recipes.
Do I need to refrigerate cream cheese frosting?
Yes. Due to the butter, cream cheese, and heavy whipping cream in the recipe this frosting needs to be refrigerated.
Can you pipe designs with cream cheese frosting?
Yep! The powdered sugar adds structure to the frosting and allows you to pipe sturdy designs.
What if my frosting is too loose/runny? Or to stiff?
Too runny: Add more powdered sugar- a half cup at a time, mix in, then test.
Too stiff: Add more heavy cream- 1-2 tbs at a time, mix in, then test.
Looking for more tasty frosting recipes:
- Milk Chocolate Buttercream
- Dark Chocolate Buttercream
- Brown Sugar Buttercream
- Vanilla Buttercream
- German Chocolate Frosting
Best Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe Ever!
- ½ cup butter slightly softened but still cold, cut into chunks
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tbs heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- In a stand mixer, whip your butter chunks and cream cheese on medium high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.½ cup butter, 4 oz cream cheese
- Add in vanilla, salt and 5 tbs of heavy cream and mix until incorporated. Then add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.2 teaspoon vanilla, 3 tbs heavy cream, Pinch of salt, 5 cups powdered sugar
- You may need to add more heavy cream or more powdered sugar to get the desired consistency. If the frosting is too thick you can add more heavy cream or if the frosting is too runny, add more powdered sugar to thicken it.
- Pipe onto cupcakes, cake, or cookies!
Post updated 12/21/2021