Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are so easy to make and are always soft and chewy! You only need 4 ingredients for the best red velvet cookies ever!
I’ve shared a similar cookie last year with my red velvet cake mix cookies, but I topped those with cream cheese frosting.
Using cake mix to make crinkle cookies has been my go-to for years and I always get rave reviews when I do. I use it in my lemon crinkle cookies, and gingerbread crinkle cookies and now I bring you my red velvet version!
Red Velvet Cake Mix- I used the Betty Crocker brand, but any should do
Butter or Vegetable Oil
Powdered Sugar- you just need a little for rolling the cookies in
Cake mix cookies always produce super soft and chewy cookies, plus I love how easy it is to make them!
How to make red velvet crinkle cookies?
- Mix together melted butter, cake mix, eggs to form a batter
- Roll tablespoon sized pieces of dough in powdered sugar, then place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until done then enjoy!
I love making these cookies for a quick Valentines or Christmas Treat. They are perfect as gifts or just enjoyed as a tasty after dinner dessert.
How to store cookies?
Make sure to store cookies in an airtight container- like a Ziploc baggie. If left out they will harden and go stale.
Can I freeze the cookie dough?
I wouldn’t advise doing that. It would be hard to freeze the dough in individual balls since the batter is pretty sticky to begin with.
Thankfully the cookies come together really quickly so it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle to make them fresh!
I hope you enjoy this super easy and tasty recipe as much as I have. If you want more Valentines recipes you can see them all here- or check out a few of my favorites:
Watch how to make this recipe!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix*
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup butter melted- or vegetable oil
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the red velvet cake mix, eggs, and melted butter.1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix*, 2 large eggs, ⅓ cup butter
- Scoop out cookie dough and roll in powdered sugar.½ cup powdered sugar
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- *I used the Betty Crocker Cake mix which has pudding in it. I think it makes the batter a little thicker. This recipe will work fine if you use a different cake mix, it might just make the cookies a little flatter.
- Storage- Store cookies in a Ziploc baggie. If you leave them out they will get hard.
Leave a Reply