Pumpkin Cupcakes with the perfect cream cheese frosting are the best! These pumpkin cupcakes are a must try ASAP!
What is it about pumpkin and cream cheese? It’s the perfect combination!
These cupcakes are super easy to make and the best for when you want things to feel like fall. Here in NM we get about 2 days of fall before it feels like summer again – or at least that’s how is seems.
But, make these cupcakes, have a nice Chia Tea, and I’m almost ready to wear long sleeves!
For more fall recipes check out:
- Caramel Pear Pie
- Creamy Pumpkin Pie
- Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Buttercream
- Orange Cranberry Muffins
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
How to make Pumpkin Cupcakes?
- Combine all the dry ingredients
- Combine the wet ingredients- including the pumpkin puree
- Mix the two together then scoop into cupcake liners
- Bake for 14 minutes
- Frost and enjoy!
Are these very sweet? There’s only ½ cup of sugar in them.
Can I make these pumpkin cupcakes gluten free?
Yes! Simply use my Sweet Potato Cupcake recipe but swap the sweet potato for pumpkin. That easy!
Can I double this recipe?
Yes. This recipe makes 12 cupcakes but if you want 24 just double the ingredients.
Try these cupcakes with my brown sugar buttercream if you aren’t up for cream cheese frosting! You can’t go wrong with either one!
This recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving or any get together this fall!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out:
This recipe for pumpkin cupcakes is very simple and comes together very quickly! If you have any questions on how to make this recipe please ask me in the comments below.
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup butter slightly softened but still cold, cut into chunks
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbs heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter and sugar. Once fully incorporated mix in each egg one at a time. The add in the vanilla and pumpkin puree.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir together until a nice batter forms.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake pan- I like to use an ice cream scoop for consistency.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting!
- While cupcakes are cooling make the frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a stand mixer, whip your butter chunks and cream cheese on medium high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla, salt and 5 tbs of heavy cream and mix until incorporated. Then add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- You may need to add more heavy cream or more powdered sugar to get the desired consistency. If the frosting is too thick you can add more heavy cream or if the frosting is too runny, add more powdered sugar to thicken it.
- Pipe onto cupcakes and top with a fun little candy!