Carrot cake cookies are easy to make and so delicious! Topped with cream cheese frosting- these cookies are delightful and come together really quickly!
Oh, and everyone loves them.
PIN NOW AND SAVE FOR LATER
Carrot Cake Cookies
My parents’ anniversary is coming up and since they had carrot cake for their wedding cake I thought I’d make these tasty carrot cake cookies for them!
Growing up I was always bummed when they’d get carrot cake to celebrate their anniversary (I want something like my chocolate cake- or German chocolate cake!)- because who wants to eat carrots in a cake?
As a kid definitely not me- but now I can see why they enjoyed it. Still not my favorite cake- but these cookies are definitely up there with some of my most delicious!
How to make carrot cake cookies:
- Melt your butter
- Add butter, cake mix, and eggs in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Mix in shredded carrots and spices.
- Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 11 minutes.
- Top with cream cheese frosting and enjoy!
Carrot cake cookies from cake mix is the way to go. It makes everything so much easier and honestly makes a dang good cookie.
Light, fluffy, and so good.
How to get nice round cookies? The batter seems too sticky.
The batter is super sticky and makes it hard to roll into nice even balls. To get perfect round cookies scoop the dough out onto the cookie sheet and allow it to sit for a few minutes. This will make the dough less sticky and you will be able to re-roll the scoops to form a nice ball.
Or just bake them as is without rerolling- that’s what I do most of the time!
How to store the cookies:
Store cookies (whether frosted or not) in an airtight container. They will last for week if so!
Do I need to add the extra ingredients like shredded carrot and nutmeg?
No- the cake mix will already have those in them. However, I like giving the cookies a little more spice/flavor and texture.
Help my cookies turned out flat!
This happened to me with my first batch and all I needed to do was increase the baking time by a minute or two. I figured that they had extra moisture because of the fresh carrots and that was needing to bake out.
A good carrot cake cookie recipe should be easy to make and tasty delicious- and that’s exactly what this recipe is!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I (and everyone else who ate these!) did too!
For more tasty recipes check out:
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- German Chocolate Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hot Cocoa Cookies
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER & SIGN UP FOR MY EMAIL NEWSLETTER!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 box Carrot Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1 Medium Carrot- grated ½ cup
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ th teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ th teaspoon ground cloves
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup butter slightly softened but still cold cut into chunks
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tbs heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 5 cups powdered sugar
Optional Decorating Items
- Orange and Green Food Coloring
- Piping Bag
- Small Writing Tip
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the carrot cake mix, eggs, melted butter, shredded carrots, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Scoop out cookie dough and place on prepared baking sheet. For perfect round cookies see notes below. *
- Bake for 9-11* minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While baking whip up the cream cheese frosting. Combine the butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and cream until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla, heavy cream, and salt and whip on high for a few minutes. Then mix in the powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Scoop out 1 cups of frosting and split into two bowls, one bowl getting ⅔rds cup and orange food coloring and the other ⅓rd cup frosting and green food coloring.
- Top the cookies with frosting, pipe on a little carrot, and enjoy!
Lisa’s Tips* The batter is super sticky and makes it hard to roll into nice even balls. To get perfect round cookies scoop the dough out onto the cookie sheet and allow it to sit for a few minutes. This will make the dough less sticky and you will be able to re-roll the scoops to form a nice ball.
*If you aren’t adding fresh grated carrot you will only need to bake for 9 minutes. Adding the carrots adds moisture and results in a few minutes longer bake time. Otherwise your cookies will turn out super flat.
*If your cookies turn out flat, try increasing the bake time by 1-2 minutes.
Leave a Reply