Easy Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese, soft, delicious, and easy to make. This fall favorite has a delicious cream cheese filling, and is topped with the best cream cheese frosting.
This pumpkin bread is easy to make, moist, tasty, and everything you could want! With a delicious cream cheese filling, this pumpkin bread is the best!
I’ve loved sharing my latest pumpkin recipes and knew I had to share a classic with you next!
Check out my other tasty pumpkin recipes here:
There is something so satisfying about making pumpkin bread. From the smell of it baking, to that first bite of warm delicious bread. It is so good!
How to make pumpkin bread with cream cheese:
- Combine wet ingredients
- Combine dry ingredients
- Make the cream cheese filling
- Layer the filling and batter in a bread pan (batter, filling, batter)
How to make cream cheese frosting?
- Combine butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and cream until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla, heavy cream, and salt and whip on high for a few minutes.
- Then mix in the powdered sugar one cup at a time- adding more for a stiffer buttercream.
Cream Cheese Buttercream isso good on top of this homemade pumpkin bread, however a simple glaze (milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla) would be tasty too!
How do you know when pumpkin bread is done?
The edges of the bread will start to come away from the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean, with only a few crumbs sticking to it.
Should you refrigerate pumpkin bread?
Yes, especially with the cream cheese filling! Store in a Ziploc bag or another airtight container and refrigerate. This will help keep it moist and stay good.
It will last 5-6 days in the refrigerator.
How to keep pumpkin bread moist:
In addition to refrigerating, it’s important to keep as much air away from the bread. You can wrap it in plastic wrap and then place in a Ziploc bag for optimal results, but I’ve had great luck with only using a Ziploc bag if you want to try just that.
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe? Let me know in the comments below!
For more delicious fall treats check out:
- Bacon Blue Cheese Apple Chutney Burger
- Easy Sticky Buns
- Orange Cranberry Muffins
- Easy Cheese Biscuits
- Green Chile Stew
- Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Buttercream
- French Silk Pie
Watch how to make this recipe!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs milk
- 1 egg yolk
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¼ cup butter slightly softened but still cold cut into chunks
- ¼ cup cream cheese 2 oz
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbs heavy cream
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 ½ - 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a loaf pan with butter and then dust with flour (or use a nonstick baking spray that has flour in it).
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.1 cup flour, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium sized bowl combine butter and sugar. Mix until it’s lighter in color and fluffy. Then add in the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree.½ cup butter, ½ cup white sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla, ½ cup pumpkin puree
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, mixing until they are fully combined.
- In a small bowl combine the softened cream cheese, sugar, milk, and egg yolk.6 oz cream cheese, 3 tbs sugar, 1 tbs milk, 1 egg yolk
- Pour half of the pumpkin bread batter into loaf pan followed by the cream cheese mixture. Pour the remaining batter over the cream cheese.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes. The bread is done when the edges of the bread will start to come away from the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean, with only a few crumbs sticking to it.
- Remove from oven and allow to mostly cool then frost.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Combine the butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and cream until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla, heavy cream, and salt and whip on high for a few minutes. Then mix in the powdered sugar one cup at a time- adding more for a stiffer buttercream.¼ cup butter slightly softened but still cold, ¼ cup cream cheese, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 3 tbs heavy cream, Pinch of Salt, 2 ½ - 3 cups powdered sugar
Post updated 12/21/20
Leave a Reply