Easy Pumpkin Bread, smells delicious and tastes even better! A fall favorite, this easy pumpkin bread needs to be made ASAP!
Easy Pumpkin Bread
This pumpkin bread is easy to make, moist, tasty, and everything you could want! With a delicious cream cheese filling, this pumpkin bread is the best!
I’ve loved sharing my latest pumpkin recipes and knew I had to share a classic with you next!
Check out my other tasty pumpkin recipes here:
There is something so satisfying about making pumpkin bread. From the smell of it baking, to that first bite of warm delicious bread. It is so good!
How to make pumpkin bread:
- Combine wet ingredients
- Combine dry ingredients
- Make the cream cheese filling
- Layer the filling and batter in a bread pan
How to make cream cheese frosting?
For this pumpkin bread I used leftover cream cheese frosting from my pumpkin cupcakes- and it was amazing.
You can always cut the recipe in half and use that. Or simply mix together some powdered sugar and milk until you get a frosting/glaze and use that.
Want more of a swirl with your cream cheese?
Double the cream cheese filling recipe then layer the batter, cream cheese, batter, cream cheese multiple times, ending with batter on top. Then take a knife and swirl it throughout. Bake like normal.
How do you know when pumpkin bread is done?
The edges of the bread will start to come away from the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean, with only a few crumbs sticking to it.
Should you refrigerate pumpkin bread?
Yes, especially with the cream cheese filling! Store in a Ziploc bag or another airtight container and refrigerate. This will help keep it moist and stay good.
It will last 5-6 days in the refrigerator.
How to keep pumpkin bread moist:
In addition to refrigerating, it’s important to keep as much air away from the bread. You can wrap it in plastic wrap and then place in a Ziploc bag for optimal result, but I’ve had great luck with only using a Ziploc bag if you want to try just that.
Watch how to make this easy pumpkin bread here: (coming soon!)
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe? Let me know in the comments below!
For more delicious fall treats check out:
- Bacon Blue Cheese Apple Chutney Burger
- Easy Sticky Buns
- Orange Cranberry Muffins
- Easy Cheese Biscuits
- Green Chile Stew
- Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Buttercream
- French Silk Pie
Easy Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
Filling, optional but recommended
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs milk
- 1 egg yolk
Icing, optional- see notes
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a loaf pan with butter and then dust with flour (or use a nonstick baking spray that has flour in it).
- In a medium sized bowl combine butter and sugar. Mix until it’s lighter in color and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, making sure they are fully incorporated.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, mixing until they are fully combined.
- In a small bowl combine the softened cream cheese, sugar, milk, and egg yolk.
- Pour half of the pumpkin bread batter into loaf pan followed by the cream cheese mixture. Pour the remaining batter over the cream cheese.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes. The bread is done when the edges of the bread will start to come away from the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean, with only a few crumbs sticking to it.
- Remove from oven and allow to mostly cool.
- Frost if using icing and garnish with chopped nuts if desired.