Cinnamon Bunny Rolls are a fun and easy Easter treat! Using a can of cinnamon rolls you can have this bunny treat in less than 15 minutes!
These are such a cute Easter breakfast but are also great for Mother’s Day, baby showers, or just a fun morning breakfast!
I love using canned cinnamon rolls to make dishes that aren’t your typical cinnamon rolls. In the past I shared my super easy sticky bun recipe (my mom’s favorite) that uses regular canned cinnamon rolls and now I wanted to share this fun treat!
What you need:
Canned Cinnamon Rolls- You can use regular rolled (my preferred), the type that don't unroll, or even Grand sized!
Face Decorations- Any sprinkles, candy, or chocolate chips will do! You can even use sliced almonds for teeth.
Icing- If you want extra thick white frosting get a can of cream cheese frosting from the store, otherwise use what came in the can!
How to make bunny cinnamon rolls:
- Preheat oven
- Place 4 cinnamon rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet with plenty of room between each roll
- Carefully unroll each of the remaining cinnamon rolls and shape into ears. It’s easiest to place the two cut ends of the dough at the “top” of the bunny head, then shape rest of dough into ears
- Bake then decorate with icing and candy!
Can I use Grand Cinnamon Rolls?
Yes, they will be larger, and may need a little more baking time. Keep in mind there are only 5 cinnamon rolls in a Grand can, so you will need to buy more if you want more than two bunnies!
I tried making Easter eggs out of the remaining grand cinnamon rolls and they didn't quite hold the egg shape- but were cute none the less!
Can you use cinnamon rolls that don't unroll?
Yep! You will just cut the ear roll in half and shape into a triangle.
How to make the bunny ears?
Pinch the cut ends of the unrolled cinnamon roll dough together, then place at the “top” of a whole cinnamon roll. Then shape the remaining dough into cute floppy ears.
What kind of candy can you use for the face?
I like to use Easter colored M&Ms, chocolate chips, Jelly Beans, heart candies, sprinkles, or even some piped on colored frosting!
Easter Bunny Cinnamon Roll Tips:
Icing: If you want a thick layer of icing on each just pick up a can of vanilla or cream cheese frosting from the store!
Reshaping: Check your bunny’s halfway through baking. If they look like they are losing their cute bunny forms simply remove the baking sheet from the oven, use a wooden spoon or spatula to gently press the bunnies back into their correct shapes, the continue baking!
These cinnamon roll bunnies are so cute and so easy to make! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Bunny Cinnamon Rolls
- 13 oz can cinnamon rolls *
- Candy for the eyes and nose*
- 1 cup Cream Cheese Frosting- optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open cinnamon rolls and place 4 on prepared baking sheet. Spread them out so there is plenty of room.13 oz can cinnamon rolls *
- Carefully unroll each remaining cinnamon roll and then shape that strip of dough into ears at the “top” of each cinnamon roll on the baking sheet. I like to put the cut ends of each strip together at the top cinnamon roll and then shape dough into ears. Make sure to gently press the ears onto the "top" of the bunny head so it will bake together and not detach after baking.
- Bake the cinnamon roll bunnies for 12-15 minutes. Just until golden brown. Check the bunnies halfway through baking, if they seem to be misshapen, carefully remove from oven, gently reshape with a wood spoon or spatula, then finish baking.
- Frost each bunny then add candy for the eyes, nose*, and teeth! You can use the frosting that comes with the cinnamon rolls or use extra cream cheese frosting for a nice thick layer.Candy for the eyes and nose*, 1 cup Cream Cheese Frosting- optional
- *If you happen to get cinnamon rolls that don't unroll that's ok! Just see pics in the post above for how to shape those. You can also use Grand sized cinnamon rolls for extra large bunnies.
- *You can also use different colored frosting to make these extra detailed!
- *I loved using leftover over heart candies from Valentine’s Day for the cutest nose shape!
post updated 6/29/22