Valentine's Day Cupcakes- an easy treat for your sweetheart! Dark chocolate cupcakes, with dark chocolate frosting, fun Valentine sprinkles, and a lindor truffle center!
Aren’t these Valentine’s Day Cupcakes the cutest?!
For more Valentine Day treats don't miss:
- Easy Valentine Chocolate M&M Sprinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Heart Cookies
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies
I love the look of pressing the sprinkles around the edges! It is simple and so fun.
If you are anything like me you love easy desserts and these cupcakes are easy and delicious!
How to make Valentine's Day Cupcakes:
- Make 1 batch of my easy chocolate cupcakes
- Place a Lindor truffle into the center of each cupcake after they have cooled
- Frost with my easy Dark Chocolate Buttercream
- Press the sides with sprinkles
How to decorate cupcakes?
Using a 1 M piping tip, pipe on a rosette. It’s okay to practice a few! After frosting each cupcake gently press the sprinkles onto the side. (amazon affiliate link)
I find it's best to put the sprinkles on right after frosting each cupcake or else the frosting will harden slightly and the sprinkles won’t stick.
Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
Chocolate Frosting Recipe
My homemade dark chocolate buttercream is incredible. It uses Hershey's Dark Cocoa Powder and is a chocolate lovers dream.
Not only are these some of the best chocolate cupcakes (and who doesn’t love chocolate cupcakes!) but the dark chocolate buttercream is amazing! You’ll definitely want to lick the bowl!
These cupcakes are a great Valentine’s Party treat for kids too! Make them for a school party or give them to the teacher’s!
What sprinkles do I use for Valentine's Day Cupcakes?
Another plus to these cupcakes, besides being chocolate and topped with a delicious frosting- is the sprinkles. If I have to choose between a dessert with sprinkles or without I always go for the sprinkles.
I typical buy a few different sprinkles from the store and then mix them together when I make these types of fun desserts. That's what I did for my pink and gold cake, and my easy Valentine Day Chocolate Cookies.
I love the texture and how festive they make things. Are you the same?
Valentines Desserts are so fun!
Other fun cupcake ideas include:
What are some of you favorite Valentines Desserts? Let me know in the comments below!
Valentine's Day Cupcakes
- Make chocolate cupcakes according to directions. Allow to cool.
- While cooling whip up a batch of dark chocolate frosting.
- Once cupcakes are cool take an unwrapped Lindor Truffle and press into the center of each cupcake.
- Using a 1M tip pipe a rosette on the top of a few cupcakes.
- Then gently press the sprinkles around the edges.
Post updated on 12/8/2020
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.