*Disclaimer: I was given an advanced copy of the Potluck Perfect cookbook for free so that I could try a few recipes and share them with you including these Halloween Popcorn Balls! Get your copy of Potluck Perfect here!
Who else loves fun Halloween themed recipes?! These Halloween popcorn balls are easy to make, fun for parties and kids love them!
An easy popcorn ball recipe!
I was so excited when I saw Courtney’s cookbook included Holiday Popcorn Balls! Not only do I love popcorn but I knew with Halloween coming up I could make some fun Halloween themed treats! Her recipe makes about 20 popcorn balls, but I opted to make the popcorn balls a bit bigger and got 12 good sized popcorn balls out of it. So you can make them big or small- either way they will be fun and delicious!
How to make marshmallow popcorn balls:
- Pop popcorn
- Melt butter and marshmallows
- Add in green food coloring gel
- Pour green marshmallows over popcorn
- Stir marshmallow and m&ms into popcorn
- Roll into balls
- Roll balls in sprinkles
- Let cool and set up
Halloween Popcorn Balls a spooky and delicious treat!
If you like this recipe bake sure to check out the other recipe featured from Potluck Perfect: easy chocolate truffles! So good! And if you are looking for more Halloween Treats don’t miss these Black Cat Sugar Cookies! Easy and delicious!
Halloween Popcorn Balls (Holiday Popcorn Balls)
An easy and delicious Halloween popcorn ball made with marshmallows and candy!
- 2 envelopes of microwave popcorn popped
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- Neon Green Food Coloring Gel
- 1½ cups M&M’s – Halloween colors
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Spray an extra-large mixing bowl with nonstick cooking spray, and add popcorn.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook marshmallows and butter, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- When melted add in 1-2 drops of food coloring and stir thoroughly. Add more coloring if needed.
- Pour over popcorn and stir with a rubber spatula until popcorn is completely coated.
- Add M&M’s and stir to distribute evenly. Spray hands with cooking spray and shape into 3-inch balls (this is a messy job, but keep trying until they hold together). Be prepared to spray your hands every other popcorn ball or so.
- Once formed roll in sprinkles.
- Place on waxed paper until cool and set up. You may need to go back and reshape them every few minutes until they set up completely.
Recipe from Potluck Perfect , ©2018 by Courtney Lynn reprinted by permission. You can order your copy of this cookbook from: https://amzn.to/2CEOB5u