Pumpkin Fluff is such an easy and fun fall treat! With just a handful of ingredients you will have a dessert you won’t be able to stop snacking on!
Fall is here and that means bring on all things pumpkin! I love the cooler weather and al the tasty gatherings that we get to go to!
Pumpkin fluff is a super fun and easy fall dessert that’s great for the holidays! If you aren’t in the mood for making an entire pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread- this is a quick and easy recipe that will be a tasty pumpkin dessert!
What you need
- Pumpkin Puree- make sure it’s puree and not pumpkin pie filling!
- Instant Vanilla Pudding- make sure it’s instant and not cooked
- Marshmallow Fluff- you can omit this if you don’t have it, but it really takes this dip to the next level!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice- if you don’t have pumpkin pie spice seem my instructions in the post below on how to make your own!
- Frozen Whipped Topping- I used Cool Whip brand, but any will do- just make sure you don’t use whipped cream!
- Garnish- Cinnamon and some extra whipped topping!
Can I use cooked pudding?
No. Similar to my pudding cookies, the instant pudding is used for flavor and as a thickener.
Cooked pudding doesn’t have the same ingredients in it to deliver the desired effects.
Do I make the pudding then add it to the recipe?
Nope! We want to just use the instant pudding in powdered form.
How to make pumpkin fluff?
- In a bowl mix together the pumpkin puree, instant vanilla pudding, marshmallow fluff, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- When ready to serve top with an extra dollop of whipped topping and some cinnamon.
What to dip in fluff?
I love using gingerbread cookies, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, animal cookies, or apples!
What to serve with pumpkin fluff dip?
I love serving pumpkin fluff alongside other finger foods like caramel popcorn, pumpkin bread, pecan pie brownies, pecan pie cookies, pumpkin pie cookies.
How long does pumpkin fluff last?
Eat pumpkin fluff within 4-5 days. You may need to stir it if the water starts to separate from the dip.
How to store pumpkin fluff?
Store pumpkin fluff in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
How to make your own pumpkin pie spice?
To make your own combine 4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon ground cloves, and ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg. Then use 2 teaspoons of this mixture for this dip and save the remaining spice mix in a sealed jar for other recipes
- For a lighter/lower calorie version use fat free whipped tipping and sugar free instant vanilla pudding.
- Add a few mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows for a fun spin on the original dip.
Can you make pumpkin fluff ahead of time?
Yes, just refrigerate until ready to serve. You may need to stir it to fluff it up if it’s been made more than a few days ahead of time.
Can you use homemade pumpkin puree instead of canned?
Yes, just use the same amount.
Make sure to check out all my fun fall recipes and especially these pumpkin recipes:
Watch how to make this recipe!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree* 15 oz
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding 3.4 oz
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- Cinnamon and whipped cream/topping for garnish
- Vanilla Wafers or Ginger Snaps for dipping
- Mix pumpkin puree, instant vanilla pudding, marshmallow fluff, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.1 can Pumpkin Puree*, 1 package instant vanilla pudding, 1 cup marshmallow fluff, 2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Fold in the whipped topping and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.8 oz frozen whipped topping
- When ready to serve add a dollop of whipped cream (or more whipped topping) and sprinkle with cinnamon.Cinnamon and whipped cream/topping for garnish, Vanilla Wafers or Ginger Snaps for dipping
• Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
• Storage: Refrigerate in air tight container for up to five days.
• See post above for making your own pumpkin pie spice if you don’t have a premade mix.
• Substitutions: You can substitute light/fat free whipped topping and sugar free instant pudding for a lower calorie version.
Leave a Reply