Is there anything more refreshing than a sweet, minty, lemon-lime drink on a hot day? This non-alcoholic mint julep is perfect for just that!
It is already getting warm here in New Mexico and this drink is perfect for a quick pick me up during the day! All the flavors combine to form a delicious drink that is hard to put down! Plus drinking it reminds me of my trips to Disneyland and that just makes everything more fun!
Growing up in northern California, my family would take a trip to Disneyland every couple of years. Actually, they still do and I usually try to find a way to go too! We love the park and have so many wonderful memories there. One of our favorite, it’s-a-hot-day-let’s-take-a-rest places is the New Orleans Square where we get yummy mickey shaped beignets and refreshing mint juleps!
So, I pretty much had to recreate these amazing drinks! If I ever get ambitious enough to try making beignets I’ll share that with you too, but for now we will have to be content with my inspired mint julep recipe, and that’s not hard at all!
This drink is perfect for a fun dinner, or just to keep in the fridge for when you want a cool refreshing drink. Even if you’ve never been to Disneyland, you won’t want to miss this! Give this sweet delicious drink a try and let me know how you like it!
Delicious and refreshing Disney inspired Mint Julep!
How to make a Mint Julep:
- First you need to make or buy Crème de Menthe Syrup. I decided to make mine because it is really simple and I couldn’t find any non-alcoholic crème de menthe syrup recipes online, so I wanted to share one with you!
- Once the Crème de Menthe Syrup is made, make a different simple syrup with all the Mint Julep ingredients.
- Then mix 1 part Mint Julep Simple Syrup with 5 parts water. Meaning 1 cup syrup to every 5 cups water. I love this drink even more when I use some carbonated water in addition to regular water!
- Add lots of ice to make it nice and cool.
- Garnish with some lemon slices and mint leaves.
It really is a simple and delicious drink! Both the Crème de Menthe simple syrup and the Mint Julep simple syrup will last a while if stored in an airtight container. I would refrigerate the Mint Julep Syrup, but the Crème de Menth should be fine stored in a cool place.
I hope you enjoy this drink as much as I do! It sure brings back lots of wonderful memories of fun with my family! Have you ever been to Disneyland? What is your favorite treat from the park? I’d love to know! Leave me a comment below!
And if you like this Disney inspired recipe check out my Mickey Mouse Sugar Cookies! Inspired by one of my favorite cookies from the park!
Easy Mint Julep inspired by Disneyland (Non-Alcoholic)
Non-Alcoholic Crème de Menthe Simple Syrup*
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
Mint Julep Syrup
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup lime juice
- 6 oz frozen lemonade concentrate
- ¼ c Crème de Menthe Syrup
- 2 cups Mint Julep Syrup
- 5 cups water
- 5 cups club soda*
- Lemon for garnish optional
- Mint leaves for garnish optional
- Maraschino Cherries for garnish optional
Crème de Menthe Simple Syrup
- Dissolve sugar in water in a small pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Once it begins boiling remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Once cooled add in extract.
Mint Julep Syrup
- Dissolve sugar in water in a medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Once sugar is dissolved, add lime juice, and lemonade concentrate and bring to a boil.
- Once it begins boiling remove from heat and add in the Crème de Menthe.
- Let cool completely.
Mint Julep Drink
- Combine 1 part Mint Julep Syrup to 5 parts water. Add ice and stir.
- Garnish with lemon slices, mint leaves and cherries.