This recipe comes together in no time and is perfect for BBQs, Potlucks, or your 4th of July parties! If you like this recipe, make sure to also check out my red white and blue cake, cupcakes, cookies, and this flag cake!
What you need:
- Instant Pudding: Cheesecake Flavored
- Frozen Whipped Topping (like Cool Whip)
- Vanilla Extract
- Fruit: Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries (optional)
- Mini Marshmallows- optional but they are so fun and tasty!
Why you will love this recipe?
It’s delicious- tastes like a cheesecake without all the hassle.
Comes together super-fast- it’s a great dish to make if you need something tasty- it takes 5 minutes to make and only needs 1 hour of chill time (if that!)!
Helpful Tip: Look for vibrant, fresh berries that don’t have blemishes. They should be firm and ripe.
How to make Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad?
- In a large bowl fold together whipped topping, pudding mix, and vanilla.
- Fold in sliced strawberries, blueberries, and mini marshmallows.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Can you substitute the Cool Whip?
If you don’t have cool whip on hand, you can use 2 cups vanilla yogurt or 2 cups of whipped cream. Whipped cream won’t be as thick or hold its shape as well (unless you make your own stabilized whipped cream) but it would work if you are eating the salad the same day you make it.
Can you add cream cheese?
I do not recommend it. I tried this recipe several ways and when adding in cream cheese, no matter how well mixed and softened it was, it never incorporated into the whipped topping well. Leaving chunks, which was not the texture I was looking for.
Can you use frozen berries?
I don’t recommend it since it tends to be mushy and the excess water from the fruit can make your cheesecake salad watery. If you are going to, try rising the fruit until the water runs clear, pat dry, and then fold in.
The fruit won’t be as firm but it will still be tasty.
What to serve with Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad?
How to store Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad?
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How long does cheesecake salad last?
This salad lasts 2-3 days. After that it tends to start to separate and lose its consistency.
If you like this recipe, make sure to check out my mom’s famous Orange Jello Salad- with mandarins, pineapple and orange jello you will have another favorite sweet salad recipe! I also can't help but reccomend this chocolate chip pie for a tasty 4tho of July dessert!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed (i.e. cool whip)
- 1 box cheesecake instant pudding mix 3.4 oz
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups strawberries sliced (approx 20 medium strawberries)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl fold together whipped topping, pudding mix, and vanilla.8 oz frozen whipped topping, 1 box cheesecake instant pudding mix, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rinse, pat dry, and slice strawberries. Rinse and pat dry blueberries.2 cups blueberries, 2 cups strawberries, 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Fold strawberries, blueberries, and mini marshmallows into the whipped topping mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Can be made up to 2 days ahead of time.
- Add raspberries for a little more variety.