Candied or glazed walnuts are delicious and simple to make! They are a combination of sweet, crunchy, and that delicious walnut flavor that everyone loves!
The cinnamon flavor reminds me of fall, but these are a treat perfect all throughout the year!
This recipe for candied walnuts is easy, quick, and there is no standing over a stove worrying about burning the sugar!
For more tasty treats check out:
I’ve tried many different ways to make candied walnuts and most times it left much to be desired. Whether it was the sugar burning or the glaze not coating the walnuts very well, I wasn’t going to stop until I had a winning recipe!
What ingredients do you need?
- Walnuts- I like to use walnut halves. Buying nuts from a bulk store like Sam’s or Costco is a good way to go, or watch for sales at a store like Sprouts where you scoop them from a bin.
- Corn Syrup- I like to use light corn syrup which has a more vanilla flavor but you can use dark corn syrup too which has a more robust molasses flavor.
- Brown Sugar- light or dark
- Cinnamon- optional but definitely recommend
How to make glazed walnuts?
- Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon (if using) and corn syrup. Microwave and stir.
- Add in walnuts and coat them thoroughly with the sugar mixture.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes at 325F. Make sure to stir them halfway through cooking.
- Once done baking, allow to cool and then eat up!
These candied walnuts are perfect for salads, as a quick snack, or to take to a get together!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do candied walnuts keep?
Store candied walnuts in an air tight container. They will last a week at room temperature, 3 weeks in the fridge, or 2 months in the freezer.
Can you make candied walnuts without corn syrup, and refined sugar?
Yep. It’s super easy to make these a little healthier! Just add 2 tablespoon maple syrup to 1 tb coconut sugar. Toss in 1 cup of walnuts. Bake for 10 minutes at 325°F, stirring at the 5-minute mark. Let cool and enjoy!
Can you freeze candied walnuts?
Yep! To freeze just store in an airtight container or ziploc bag. Frozen candied walnuts will last up to 2 months in the freezer.
Let me know in the comments below!
Don't miss my latest posts:
Watch how to make this recipe!
- 2 cups walnuts
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and cinnamon.¼ cup corn syrup, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Microwave mixture for 30 seconds. It should thinner and more liquid.
- Add in the walnuts and stir until they are well coated.2 cups walnuts
- Spread the coated walnuts on the prepared baking sheet in a nice even layer.
- Bake for 7 minutes, stir and then continue baking for another 7 minutes.
- Let walnuts cool before eating, then enjoy!
- For extra flavor toast your walnuts for 5 minutes in the oven before coating them in the sugar mixture.
- Storage: Store candied walnuts in an airtight container. They will last a week at room temperature, 3 weeks in the fridge, or 2 months in the freezer.
Post updated 5/24/2021
Hearthstone Card Image from Gamepedia
©2014 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Hearthstone is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Blizzard Entertainment is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved.