Cold Spinach Dip Recipe, easy and delicious! With added bacon, garlic, and shallot- this easy spinach dip recipe is a delicious spin on a classic spinach dip!
Spinach Dip Ingredients:
- Green Onion
- Water chestnuts
- Knorr Vegetable Dip Mix
- Sour Cream
Since I’ve always made spinach dip using the Knorr Recipe I decided to up my game and make a delicious bacon, garlic spinach dip!
How to make easy spinach dip?
- Cook up your bacon, let cool then crumble
- Saute chopped garlic and shallot in the leftover bacon grease
- Cook the spinach and drain
- Chop the water chestnuts
- Mix together the vegetable mix, mayo, and sour cream
- Mix in bacon, garlic, shallot, spinach, water chestnuts
- Chop up the green onion and sprinkle on top
What should I use to dip in the cold spinach dip recipe?
How do I toast baguette slices?
To toast baguette slices simply slice the baguette into pieces and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Broil on high for 3-5 minutes- but keep your eye on them! They can go from perfectly toasted to burned in no time.
Did you know you can make your own mayo for this recipe? Homemade mayo is super easy to make and way more delicious than store bought. Check out my recipe here!
How should I store leftover dip? How long does homemade spinach dip last?
Leftover spinach dip should be stored in an airtight container or with plastic wrap over it in the refrigerator. Eat dip within 4 days (which won’t be hard because it’s so good!).
If you like this recipe make sure to check out:
Watch how to make this recipe!
Cold Spinach Dip Recipe
- 4 oz Bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Shallot
- 8 oz Water Chestnuts
- 10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1 Package Knorr Vegetable Mix
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 2 Green Onions
- Crackers or toasted baguette slices to dip!
- Cook the bacon and set aside until cool and the crumble or chop into pieces. Reserve the bacon grease. (4 oz bacon)
- Chop the garlic and shallot into small pieces. Sauté chopped garlic and shallot in reserved bacon grease until fragment and softened. (4 garlic gloves, 1 shallot).
- Microwave the frozen chopped spinach according to package directions. Allow to cool and then drain excess water. (10 oz frozen chopped spinach)
- Drain and chop up the water chestnuts. (8 oz water chestnut)
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sour cream, mayo, and vegetable mix. (16 oz sour cream, 1 cup mayo, 1 package Knorr Vegetable Mix)
- Stir in chopped bacon, sautéed grlic and shallot, chopped water chestnuts, cooked and drained spinach.
- Chop green onion and sprinkle on top.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to let all the flavors get nice and combined.
- To toast baguette slices simply slice the baguette into pieces and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Broil on high for 3-5 minutes- but keep your eye on them! They can go from perfectly toasted to burned in no time.