Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe, easy and delicious! With added bacon, garlic, and shallot- this easy spinach dip recipe is a delicious spin on a classic spinach dip!
What you need:
- Knorr Vegetable Dip Mix
- Sour Cream
- Spinach (frozen or fresh)
- Green Onion, diced
- Water chestnuts, diced
- Optional but recommended: Bacon, Garlic, Shallot
Since I’ve always made spinach dip using the Knorr Recipe I decided to up my game and make a delicious bacon, garlic spinach dip!
How to make Knorr Spinach Dip?
- Cook up your bacon, let cool then crumble
- Sauté chopped garlic and shallot in the leftover bacon grease
- Cook the spinach and drain
- Chop the water chestnuts
- Mix together the vegetable mix, mayo, and sour cream
- Mix in bacon, garlic, shallot, spinach, water chestnuts
- Chop up the green onion and sprinkle on top
Let's Talk Spinach
Frozen: Cook frozen spinach according to package instructions. Allow to cool enough to handle, then squeeze out excess liquid.
It's important to cook frozen spinach to destroy any bacteria.
Fresh: Wash spinach in cold water, then sauté in a large frying pan over low heat with a little salted. Cook until wilted, then allow to cool and squeeze out excess liquid.
What should I use to dip in the Knorr spinach dip recipe?
How do I toast baguette slices?
To toast baguette slices simply slice the baguette into pieces and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Broil on high for 3-5 minutes- but keep your eye on them! They can go from perfectly toasted to burned in no time.
For more info on how to toast bread in the oven check out this article!
Did you know you can make your own mayo for this recipe? Homemade mayo is super easy to make and way more delicious than store bought. Check out my recipe here!
How should I store leftover dip?
Leftover spinach dip should be stored in an airtight container or with plastic wrap over it in the refrigerator.
How long does homemade spinach dip last?
Eat dip within 4 days (which won’t be hard because it’s so good!).
If you like this recipe make sure to check out:
Watch how to make this recipe!
Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe
- 4 oz Bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Shallot
- 8 oz Water Chestnuts
- 10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1 Package Knorr Vegetable Mix
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 2 Green Onions
- Crackers or toasted baguette slices to dip!
- Cook the bacon and set aside until cool and the crumble or chop into pieces. Reserve the bacon grease.4 oz Bacon
- Chop the garlic and shallot into small pieces. Sauté chopped garlic and shallot in reserved bacon grease until fragment and softened.4 Garlic Cloves, 1 Shallot
- Microwave the frozen chopped spinach according to package directions. Allow to cool and then drain excess water.10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach
- Drain and chop up the water chestnuts.8 oz Water Chestnuts
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sour cream, mayo, and vegetable mix.1 Package Knorr Vegetable Mix, 16 oz Sour Cream, 1 Cup Mayo
- Stir in chopped bacon, sautéed grlic and shallot, chopped water chestnuts, cooked and drained spinach.
- Chop green onion and sprinkle on top.2 Green Onions
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to let all the flavors get nice and combined.
- Enjoy!Crackers or toasted baguette slices to dip!
- To toast baguette slices simply slice the baguette into pieces and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Broil on high for 3-5 minutes- but keep your eye on them! They can go from perfectly toasted to burned in no time.
- If you don't want to add bacon, garlic, or shallot, just omit them from the recipe and you will have the traditional Knorr spinach dip recipe.
Post updated 9/27/2022