Pecan Pie Brownies are such a fun fall treat! The best brownies topped with the best pecan pie filling!
A while ago I shared my favorite pecan pie recipe and my favorite homemade brownie recipe- I figured I’d combine the two and make these amazing brownies!
These brownies are perfect for Thanksgiving, right along with my popular pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust, french silk pie, sweet potato pudding, and pear pie.
What you need for Pecan Pie Brownies
- Brownies: unsalted butter, dark cocoa powder (regular will work fine too!), flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, espresso powder (optional but gives richer flavor), eggs, vanilla, chocolate chips
- Pecan Pie Filling: light corn syrup, brown sugar, large eggs, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, pecans
Boxed Brownie Mix: If you want to use store box brownies instead you will need to adjust the baking time. Mix up the batter, bake halfway through, add the pecan pie filling on top and then bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
This brownie recipe is my go-to for all my brownies- from my s’mores brownies, red velvet brownies, and even my spider web brownies! They rich, chocolatey, delicious, and perfect every time!
How to make Pecan Pie Brownies:
- Make the pecan pie filling by whisking together the corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Stir continuously until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Then stir in chopped pecans and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Then set aside.
- Mix up your brownie batter by first melting butter and mix cocoa powder. Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients with sugar and butter mixture. Fold in dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
- Place in a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake hallway through.
- Spread pecan pie filling on top the finish baking until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.
How to store leftovers?
Store leftover pecan pie brownies in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- You want your batter thick but not too thick. You still want it to be slightly spreadable over the brownies without mixing it in.
- Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow brownies to cool completely for best result. They will hold their shape and not fall apart when cool.
- You can always reheat an already cut piece of brownie and serve with ice cream!
This is the best pecan pie brownie recipe! Sweet, rich, and full of flavor.
The pecan pie filling paired with the rich chocolate brownie is a wonderful combination!
For more fall favorite recipes check out my smoked cream cheese, sweet potato biscuits, and jalapeno deviled eggs!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Pecan Pie Brownies
Pecan Pie Topping
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pecans – roughly chopped
- ¾ cup + 3 tbs unsalted butter
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder*
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Stir continuously until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, ~10 minutes. Stir in chopped pecans and cook for another 3-5 minutes. * Then set aside.1 cup light corn syrup, 1 cup brown sugar, 3 large eggs, ¼ cup unsalted butter, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 cups Pecans – roughly chopped
- In a microwave safe dish melt the butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until the butter is completely melted.¾ cup + 3 tbs unsalted butter
- Stir cocoa powder into melted butter making sure there are no clumps. Set aside.¾ cup cocoa powder
- While butter mixture is cooling, in a separate small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.1 cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, mix together the butter mixture (it’s okay if it’s still warm), sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla. Then add the eggs one at a time, letting each egg become fully incorporated into the batter before adding the next.2 cups sugar, 1 teaspoon espresso powder*, 4 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- By hand, with a large rubber spatula or mixing spoon, fold in the flour mixture. Folding in the flour will help the brownie batter keep the air in it.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.1 cup milk chocolate chips*
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 15 minutes (brownies will not be done yet!)
- After 15 minutes, remove half-baked brownies from oven, gently spread pecan pie filling over brownies and return to oven. Bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting!
*Chocolate Chips and espresso powder are optional but reccomended!
*You can use boxed brownie mix but the baking time might need to be adjusted.
Leave a Reply