Perfectly soft and chewy gingerbread crinkle cookies! Easy to make and perfect for the holidays!
These easy gingerbread crinkle cookies are a favorite at my house- we might even leave these out for Santa this year!
Growing up I never really liked gingerbread cookies. Maybe they weren’t sweet enough or perhaps it was the molasses.
Truthfully, I think part of it was the fact that every gingerbread cookie I tried was super hard (like you could build a house out of it…. hmmm)
These Gingerbread crinkle cookies are another story though.
The cookies come out soft, chewy, and have the right balance of flavors!
I love cake mix cookies! Check out these other easy cookie recipes:
How to make gingerbread crinkle cookies:
- Combine the dry ingredients
- Add in the molasses
- Add in the egg and cool whip
- Roll in powdered sugar
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
This simple gingerbread cake mix cookie is everything I love. Easy to make, bakes quickly, and turns out wonderful every time!
Everyone loves a crinkle cookie- I just made these into Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies!
How do you make soft gingerbread cookies?
These gingerbread cookies are soft because they use cake mix to make them. That plus the oil and molasses makes these so delicious and chewy!
How do you store gingerbread cookies?
I recommend keeping them in an airtight container for up 5-7 days. However, they will probably get eaten before then!
Can you make these into gingerbread men? Can you use a cookie cutter for these cookies?
No, the dough isn't the right type to make cutouts out of- so you can't make gingerbread men out of them.
Are you a fan of gingerbread or are you like me (before these cookies that is!)?
What are your favorite holiday cookies? Let me know in the comments below!
For more fun holiday recipes check out:
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Christmas Trifle
- Holiday Popcorn
- Candy Cane Cupcakes
- Sugared Cranberries
- Snowmen Truffles
Watch how to make this recipe!
Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, eggs, oil, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and molasses.1 box of yellow cake mix, 2 eggs, ⅓ cup vegetable oil, 2 teaspoon ginger, ½ teaspoon ground cloves, ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ cup molasses
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into the powdered sugar and roll them around so they are completely coated. The batter is really sticky so this part gets a little messy.1 cup powdered sugar
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool then enjoy!
- Store these cookies in a ziploc baggie after baking!
Post and recipe updated on 12/20/21