This chocolate pumpkin pie is an easy spin on the classic pumpkin pie. Rich and chocolaty- you can’t go wrong with this chocolate pumpkin pie!
Combining chocolate with anything is amazing- especially in this chocolate pumpkin pie!
What are your favorite pies to have for the holidays? Have you ever tried a chocolate pumpkin pie?!
I recently shared my hands down favorite pumpkin pie recipe with you and now I am so excited to share this easy pumpkin pie recipe with a twist! A delicious chocolatey twist.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie- made with semi-sweet chocolate chips and a whole lot of love!
How to make chocolate pumpkin pie:
- Make the crust and bake it
- Melt your chocolate chips and butter over a double broiler
- In a separate bowl whisk your eggs then add in all the other ingredients (including the melted chocolate
- Add the delicious chocolate filling to the graham cracker crust
- Bake for about 1 hr- until the pie is set on the edges and a little jiggly in the middle
- Let it cool at room temperature
Do you bake the crust first for pumpkin pie?
Yes! I love that this chocolate pumpkin pie has an easy graham cracker crust. Bake it for 15 minutes!
Do I need to refrigerate the pumpkin pie?
I recommend refrigerating the pie after it has cooled to room temperature.
How long will the chocolate pumpkin pie last?
Try to eat the pie with in 4-5 days of making it!
The hardest part of making this amazing pumpkin pie is waiting for it to cool!
If you like this recipe check out my French Silk Pie (AKA Chocolate Cream Pie), Caramel Pear Pie, and my Mini Apple Pies! Oh and if you are looking for an allergy friendly pie (we are talking gluten free and dairy free!) check out my Easy Sweet Potato Pie!
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 13 graham crackers
- 6 tbs softened butter
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 can 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processer combine your graham crackers, 3 tbs brown sugar and 6 tbs softened butter until it looks like sand.
- Firmly press the mixture into the pie dish, along the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a double broiler over medium heat add your chocolate and butter. Stir frequently and let it melt until it is nice and smooth. Remove from heat
- Preheat oven to 425°F and set the rack at the lowest position.
- While baking crust, in a medium bowl mix together sugar, cinnamon, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs. Then add in your sugar mixture, canned pumpkin, evaporated milk and melted chocolate. Stirring until completely combined.
- Pour the warm filling into the graham cracker crust.
- 10. Bake for 15 minutes at 425° then reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake for 40-50 more minutes. You want the edges of the pie to be set and the center to be slightly jiggly.
- 11. Once done remove from oven and let cool at room temperature.