Turkey Cranberry Sandwich is a classic Thanksgiving leftover dish that is incredibly tasty! Mix together your favorite leftovers for a sandwich that might be better than the originals!
This recipe is incredibly simple but there are a few combinations that I think make a leftover sandwich just that much better.
What you need for this recipe:
Cream Cheese- this takes that sandwich to another level but it is optional
Greens- You can also add some herbs, lettuce, or green onions if you have those on hand,
Now, as most of us know leftovers are just as good if not better than the big meal itself. I’ve shared recipes like leftover turkey tacos, leftover turkey enchiladas, and this tasty open faced turkey sandwich previously.
However, one of my favorite ways to eat up leftovers is to pile everything into a big delicious sandwich.
How to make Thanksgiving Cranberry Sandwich?
Toast your bread. This gives it extra flavor and crunch.
You can toast it by adding a little mayo or butter and either broiling in the oven or browning in a pan.
Then build your sandwich. I layer everything differently each time except I always try to put the cream cheese next to the cranberry sauce- it’s such a dynamite combo!
Hot or Cold Sandwich?
Often, I’ll just make this sandwich cold and enjoy it like that. However, if I take a few extra minutes to microwave all the food that are normally served warm the sandwich gets even better.
What condiments go best on a turkey sandwich?
- Cream Cheese- Try different flavored cream cheese or Smoked Cream Cheese!
- Other Cheeses- This would be delicious with a sharp cheddar, baked brie with honey, or provolone.
- Flavor- Add some candied jalapenos or pickled onions for some extra flavor!
- Extras- Try this with mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, or even corn!
This sandwich reminds me so much of the Thanksmas Sandwich aka Holiday Sandwich from Disneyland. That sandwich features turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and gravy.
What are your favorite Thanksgiving sandwich combos? Have you tried it with cream cheese?
Watch how to make this recipe!
Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- 2 slices Bread
- ½ cup Stuffing
- ½ cup Leftover Turkey
- 2 tbs Gravy
- 3 tbs Cranberry Sauce or Cranberry Relish
- 4 tbs Cream Cheese
- Green onion or Herbs
- Other additions: Lettuce Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans, Corn
- Toast bread either in a toaster or by broiling in the oven, or with a little butter/mayo and in a fry pan.2 slices Bread
- Build sandwich with any of your favorite leftovers. I like to start with cream cheese on the bottom followed by stuffing, turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, more cream cheese, then topped another piece of toasted bread. Then enjoy!½ cup Leftover Turkey, 3 tbs Cranberry Sauce or Cranberry Relish, ½ cup Stuffing, 4 tbs Cream Cheese, Green onion or Herbs, Other additions: Lettuce