Thanksgiving Turkey Tacos- an easy way to eat up all those leftovers! Filled with classic tasty leftovers of turkey, cream cheese, relish, and stuffing- these turkey tacos are a new spin on leftovers!
The Holidays are upon us and that means lots of leftovers! And besides delicious leftovers- what’s another amazing food- tacos!
So, I figured if you put them together it would be amazing and you know what? It is!
What to do with leftover turkey breast- the age-old question.
If your family is anything like mine, we would cook a huge turkey for Thanksgiving and have lots of leftovers.
Making open faced hot turkey sandwiches is my dad’s favorite, my mom enjoys just snacking on the turkey and I love leftover turkey tacos or turkey enchiladas!
How to make turkey tacos?
- Fry up some taco shells
- Pan fry or microwave your leftover turkey, stuffing, potatoes, etc. that you are using
- Build yourself an amazing taco
How to fry up a taco shell?
- Pour a little vegetable oil into a fry pan and heat on medium.
- Once hot add a corn tortilla and allow to fry until air pockets/bubbles start to form
- Flip the tortilla and fry for another 20-30 seconds then fold the tortilla in half and fry each side until golden brown
- Place on a paper towel lined plate to soak up any extra grease
Thanksgiving Taco Options
Pretty much any leftovers put into taco form will be delicious so feel free to get creative! I like to make sure I have something creamy (like gravy, cranberry relish, or green bean casserole) to act as a Thanksgiving salsa.
- Turkey with cream cheese, cranberry relish and green onion
- Turkey with sweet potato casserole, toasted marshmallow, and a little syrup
- Turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy
- Turkey with stuffing and creamy green bean casserole!
My favorite Thanksgiving turkey taco combo is cream cheese, cranberry, turkey and a little green onion. It the perfect sweet and salty combo- but really you can’t go wrong with any leftover Thanksgiving turkey tacos.
For more holiday recipes check out:
What is your favorite leftover combo? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanksgiving Turkey Tacos
- 3 cups Shredded Turkey
- Cranberry Relish
- Cream Cheese
- Green Bean Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Mashed Potatoes
- Any other Thanksgiving leftovers!
- 8-10 Corn Tortillas
- Oil to fry tortillas
- Fry up your tortillas
- Shred the turkey into manageable pieces and heat either in the microwave or on in a fry pan.
- Heat up any other ingredients that are best eaten warm.
- Build your taco! Layer turkey with any combo of leftover ingredients!
- If using cream cheese allow it to come to room temperature to soften before adding it to your taco- it makes it so much easier to spread
- Nutrition info varies depending on what ingredients you use to make the tacos- calories calculated reflect turkey and tortilla only
Post updated on 10/23/2020