Thanksgiving Turkey Tacos- an easy way to eat up all those leftovers! Filled with classic tasty leftovers of turkey, cream cheese, relish, and stuffing- these turkey tacos are a new spin on leftovers!
The Holidays are upon us and that means lots of leftovers! And besides delicious leftovers- what’s another amazing food- tacos!
So, I figured if you put them together it would be amazing and you know what? It is!
You all know how much I love tacos- I’ve shared my favorite street tacos, tri tip tacos, salmon tacos and more! So, making a leftover turkey taco was a no brainer.
What to do with leftover turkey breast- the age-old question.
If your family is anything like mine, we would cook a huge turkey for Thanksgiving and have lots of leftovers.
Making open faced hot turkey sandwiches is my dad’s favorite, my mom enjoys just snacking on the turkey and I love leftover turkey tacos or turkey enchiladas!
How to make turkey tacos?
- Fry up some taco shells
- Pan fry or microwave your leftover turkey, stuffing, potatoes, etc. that you are using
- Build yourself an amazing taco
How to fry up a taco shell?
- Pour a little vegetable oil into a fry pan and heat on medium.
- Once hot add a corn tortilla and allow to fry until air pockets/bubbles start to form
- Flip the tortilla and fry for another 20-30 seconds then fold the tortilla in half and fry each side until golden brown
- Place on a paper towel lined plate to soak up any extra grease
Thanksgiving Taco Options
Pretty much any leftovers put into taco form will be delicious so feel free to get creative! I like to make sure I have something creamy (like gravy, cranberry relish, or green bean casserole) to act as a Thanksgiving salsa.
- Turkey with cream cheese, cranberry relish and green onion
- Turkey with sweet potato casserole, toasted marshmallow, and a little syrup
- Turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy
- Turkey with stuffing and creamy green bean casserole!
My favorite Thanksgiving turkey taco combo is cream cheese, cranberry, turkey and a little green onion. It the perfect sweet and salty combo- but really you can’t go wrong with any leftover Thanksgiving turkey tacos.
For more holiday recipes check out:
What is your favorite leftover combo? Let me know in the comments below!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Thanksgiving Turkey Tacos
- 3 cups Shredded Turkey
- Cranberry Relish
- Cream Cheese
- Green Bean Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Mashed Potatoes
- Any other Thanksgiving leftovers!
- 8-10 Corn Tortillas
- Oil to fry tortillas
- Fry up your tortillas
- Shred the turkey into manageable pieces and heat either in the microwave or on in a fry pan.
- Heat up any other ingredients that are best eaten warm.
- Build your taco! Layer turkey with any combo of leftover ingredients!
- If using cream cheese allow it to come to room temperature to soften before adding it to your taco- it makes it so much easier to spread
- Nutrition info varies depending on what ingredients you use to make the tacos- calories calculated reflect turkey and tortilla only
Post updated on 10/23/2020
Leave a Reply