Jalapeno Deviled Eggs- easy, delicious, and has a little kick! Serve these up at your next get together for a fun spin on a classic!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Deviled eggs are one of my favorite side dishes. Every holiday and even for some dinner parties- I have to have them there! My mom taught me her recipe growing up and since them I’ve used it as a base for all my variations!
A little while ago I shared my smoked deviled eggs and now, I give you a new favorite- ok they are all my favorite- Jalapeno Deviled Eggs!
- Mustard- I use yellow but dijon works too
- Lemon Juice
- Seasoning: Garlic Powder, Dill (Fresh or Dried), Salt, and Pepper
- Garnish: Bacon and Paprika
How to make Jalapeno Deviled Eggs?
- Hard Boil Eggs, let cool, then peel
- Halve the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks
- Mash the yolks in a medium sized bowl
- Mix in the mayo, mustard, and lemon juice until creamy and smooth
- Stir in the jalapenos and seasonings
- Place a dollop of the filling in each half of the cooked whites
- Garnish with paprika and crumbled bacon
Why I love this recipe:
This recipe is great for if you want a little kick to your deviled eggs.
You can add a lot of jalapeno or just a little- and you can add the seeds or leave them out- all ways to control how spicy they are!
Jalapeno deviled eggs are so easy to make and they might just become your new favorite!
What to serve with deviled eggs?
How to make jalapeno deviled eggs spicier?
Mix in some of the seeds to the filling mixture.
What to serve the eggs on?
I love my platter (here is a similar one) but if you don’t have one you can put them on a nice plate- just be careful because they might slide around!
How to store deviled eggs?
Store any leftovers in an air tight container.
How long do leftover deviled eggs last?
Eat deviled eggs within 2-4 days of making.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs*
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs mustard*
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 Jalapenos minced
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2-3 Slices Bacon Cooked and Crumbled
- Place eggs in a medium-large pot. Fill the pot with water so that the eggs are covered by about an inch of water. Bring water to a boil and let the eggs boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and place eggs in cold water adding ice if you have it. Let the eggs cool completely and then peel. See notes for instant pot instructions. *12 eggs*
- Cook bacon, allow to cook, and then crumble.2-3 Slices Bacon
- Then cut the eggs in half, separating the white from the yolk. In a medium sized bowl mash all the yolks.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice to the mashed yolks and stir until creamy. If the mixture doesn’t look fluffy enough you may need to add more mayo or mustard. Taste it and add more of what it needs. I usually start with adding a little more mayo if I need more volume.½ cup mayonnaise, 2 tbs mustard*, ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Rinse, slice, and deseed Jalapenos, then mince. If you want more heat you can leave some seeds in.1-2 Jalapenos
- Add the minced jalapenos*, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, dill, salt and pepper to the yolk and stir until fully combined. Refrigerate mixture for at least 20 minutes.2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dill, Pinch of salt, Pinch of pepper
- Put a dollop* of the yolk mixture into each egg white and sprinkle with crumbled bacon and paprika. Enjoy!Paprika
- *I usually like to hard-boil 14 eggs, that way if some don’t peel nicely, I don’t have to use them.
- *You can use yellow or Dijon mustard- both work great!
- *How to hard boil eggs in an instant pot?
If using an instant pot to hard boil the eggs, place the eggs on top of the trivet, add 1 cup of water, then set the instant pot to cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes, allow it to naturally release for 5 minutes, and then cool in an ice bath for 5 minutes. Allow eggs to cool completely before smoking them.
- * Add 1 Jalapeno minced, do a taste test, then add more if it needs it. You can also try using some pickled jalapeno for an entirely different taste.
- *You can dollop the yolk mixture in with a spoon or use a piping bag with the tip cut off to make filling easy!