Smoked Cream Cheese, the perfect appetizer! Easy to make, perfectly soft, spreadable, and extra delicious!
When I first heard of this viral tiktok trend of smoked cream cheese I was skeptical. However, I decided to give it a shot and it is so good!
I love gooey melty cheese as an appetizer (like my baked brie recipe), and this recipe is another tasty option to add to my yummy cheese list!
This is the perfect appetizer for a bbq, holiday, or even just a nice dinner! Whether you are smoking a tasty beer can chicken or spatchcock chicken, or a tasty ribeye, save a little space in your smoker for some cream cheese and you will have the best side dish!
What you need for smoked cream cheese?
- Cream Cheese
- Your Favorite Rub/Seasoning Mix- I used everything bagel seasoning and a garlic herb rub- both were great!
How to make smoked cream cheese?
- Score your cream cheese. I like to do diagonal lines but you can score it anyway you like!
- Sprinkle with a liberal amount of your favorite seasoning
- Smoke for 2 hrs, then enjoy on your favorite crackers!
Helpful Tip: Smoke the cream cheese on a foil lined baking sheet-I use a small one like this- or a disposable aluminum pan. (Affiliate links) That way it won’t stick to your smoker grates and it will be hassle free to move on and off!
What type of pellets work best for this recipe?
Why score cream cheese?
Scoring allows the heat and smoke to penetrate deeper into the cream cheese. Plus, it makes it look a little fancy!
Will the cream cheese be a puddle after 2 hours?
Nope. Cream cheese holds it shape really well and since you are smoking it at such a low temperature it will stay in its rectangular shape.
Variations of smoked cream cheese recipe:
- Spicy- Add some diced jalapenos or sprinkle with red pepper flakes!
- Mexican- Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Sweet- add some brown sugar or serve with your favorite jam.
- Tropical- Mango Chipotle Seasoning from Camp Chef is super tasty! (Affiliate link)
- Garlic- Stuff the cuts in the cream cheese with garlic.
Pellet vs wood smoker?
You will want to keep the smoker at a stable 225°F.
If you can do that with your wood smoker great but its typically a little harder to keep them stable at that temperature (at least in my experience). If your smoker gets too hot you could melt the cream cheese or dry it out which will cause it to harden and is inedible.
Pellet smokers are great because you can set a desired temperature and it does all the work for adjusting itself.
How to store smoked cream cheese?
Store any leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge. It should last up to a week if stored properly.
How to reheat smoked cream cheese?
Place cream cheese on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a 300° F preheated oven until heated through. Typically, 10-15 minutes.
What to do with smoked cream cheese?
This cream cheese is the perfect appetizer with crackers, it is also great for using on bagels, sandwiches, or even in my leftover Thanksgiving turkey tacos!
If you like this recipe please leave a comment below!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Smoked Cream Cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2-4 tbs dry rub everything bagel seasoning or garlic herb rub etc
- Preheat smoker to 225°F.
- Place block of unwrapped cream cheese on a foil lined baking sheet, or a disposable aluminum pan.8 oz cream cheese
- Score the cream cheese. I like to do diagonal cuts perpendicular to each other to form diamonds.
- Sprinkle with your favorite dry rub or seasoning.2-4 tbs dry rub
- Smoke cream cheese for 2 hrs at 225°F.
- Eat warm with crackers. Enjoy!
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge. It should last up to a week if stored properly.
- Reheating: Place cream cheese on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a 300° F preheated oven until heated through. Typically, 10-15 minutes.