Peppermint Marshmallow Wands, easy to make and so delicious- you’ll never want any other Christmas Treat! This is the perfect copycat from Disneyland!
I love anything to do with marshmallows (check out my Halloween popcorn balls and my bakery style rice crispy treats!) but one of my favorite ways to eat them are dipped in caramel and chocolate. So delicious.
Make sure to check out these other fun Disneyland/Disney World inspired holiday recipes:
Marshmallow wands are one of my favorite treats from Disneyland and I had to share this copycat Peppermint Marshmallow Wand recipe with you guys for the holidays!
Peppermint Marshmallow Wands can be found at Marceline’s Confectionary in Downtown Disney and when the parks are open Candy Palace off Main Street in Disneyland and Trolly Treats off Buena Vista Street in California Adventure.
For as stunning as they are- they are really easy to make. Plus, they make great gifts to give out during the holidays.
How to make Peppermint Marshmallow Wands:
- Place marshmallows on wands- set aside
- Melt caramels and heavy cream
- Dip marshmallow wands into caramel and let harden
- Trim excess caramel
- Melt chocolate melt and crush candy canes
- Dip marshmallow wands in caramel then roll in candy canes
- Allow to harden and enjoy!
What marshmallows do I use?
I used the regular Jet Puffed marshmallows- 3 to a stick and they were perfect. Some brands of marshmallows are smaller and you might want to add 4 marshmallows to a stick if so.
What caramels do I recommend?
I love using the Werther’s soft chew caramels. That being said any melting/baking caramels should work.
I used generic melting caramels for my strawberry shortcake wands and they turned out delicious too!
Candy Canes or Peppermint Candies?
I used candy canes but it was a bit tedious to unwrap all of them- so next time I will probably buy a bag of peppermint candies and crush those.
How much should I crush the candy canes?
This is up to you- but these wands are easier to eat if the candy canes are crushed into smaller pieces.
These marshmallow candy canes are the perfect treat this holiday season!
What copycat treat do you want to see me make next? Let me know in the comments below!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Peppermint Marshmallow Wands
- 10 oz marshmallows I used jet puffed regular sized
- 22.5 oz Werthers Caramel Soft Chews you can use any melting caramel
- 5 tbs heavy cream
- 24 oz chocolate candy melts
- 20 oz candy canes/peppermint candies (~48 candy canes) crushed
- 18 cake pop sticks 6 inch long
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place 3 marshmallows* on each cake pop stick and place on the prepared baking sheets.10 oz marshmallows, 18 cake pop sticks
- Unwrap all the caramels* and place in a microwave safe bowl. Add the heavy cream and microwave on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until caramel is fully melted and the heavy cream is incorporated.22.5 oz Werthers Caramel Soft Chews, 5 tbs heavy cream
- Dip the marshmallows on the cake pop sticks into the melted caramel. Scrap off excess caramel and set on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate the caramel covered marshmallows for ~10 minutes, or until the caramel is set. Using scissors cut any excess caramel that pooled and hardened around each wand.
- Place wands back in the refrigerator while you melt your chocolate. Melt and use candy melts 1 bag at a time. Melt the chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl, at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted. While chocolate is melting crush candy* canes. You can either place the candy canes in a ziploc bag and smash with rolling pin, or place in a food processor*. Place the crushed peppermint candy on a large plate.24 oz chocolate candy melts
- Once the chocolate is melted dip each caramel covered marshmallow wand in the chocolate. I like to use a spoon to help cover the marshmallows fully, then carefully scrap off the excess chocolate.
- Roll/ cover each wand in the crushed canes right after you are done dipping them in the chocolate. This allows the peppermint candy to stick to the chocolate. Place each candy cane crushed wand back on the parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for ~10 minutes until hardened.20 oz candy canes/peppermint candies (~48 candy canes)
- Keep wands refrigerated and in an air tight container/ zip loc baggie for up to a week.
- Regular marshmallows vary in size based off of the brand. I found that the Jet Puffed brand were large and perfect for 3 marshmallows per wand. If you have smaller marshmallows, place 4 per wand, however you might need another bag of marshmallows to make 18 wands.
- I love using Werther’s soft chews caramels, but any caramel baking/melting caramels will work.
- You can use candy canes or any peppermint candy. I found that these wands are easier to eat if the candy canes are crushed into very small pieces- however then it’s not at pretty. So, you decide if you want large or small pieces. Using a food processor to crush all the peppermint candy is super easy but produces smaller peppermint pieces.