This post has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyMazolaMarinade
An easy and delicious grilled chicken sandwich recipe is what everyone needs in their cooking arsenal. This chicken sandwich is flavorful, juicy, and perfectly cooked, plus it's marinated in one of the easiest and tastiest marinades around- using Mazola® Corn Oil! A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.
Anyone else a huge fan of ANYTHING grilled?! I love all the flavor grilling food can bring- add to that a delicious marinade and oh man- a dynamite combo!
For this recipe I use Mazola Corn Oil with lots of tasty seasonings to marinade chicken thighs for one of the best chicken sandwiches you will ever make.
Mazola Corn Oil is a heart-healthy* cooking oil and creates marinades that make great-tasting food because it has a neutral taste that lets the natural flavor of your food stand out.
Mazola Corn Oil is perfect for marinades this grilling season!
How to make grilled chicken sandwiches:
- Mix together the marinade ingredients in a medium size bowl and then add your chicken thighs to it- making sure they are nicely covered by the marinade. Allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Get your grill nice and hot then place the marinated chicken on the BBQ, turning the heat down to low. Cook for 10 minutes, flip, cook for another 5-10 minutes (or until done), then remove from the BBQ.
- While your chicken is cooking mix up the secret sauce.
- Toast your buns for 1-2 minutes on the BBQ.
- Assemble your sandwiches and enjoy!
Can I use chicken breast or chicken tenders instead of thighs?
Of course! Just make sure to adjust the cooking time. Chicken breast will need longer to cook, chicken tenders a little less time cooking.
How do I know chicken is fully cooked?
USDA recommends all chicken be cooked to 165°F
Chicken Thighs are best when cooked to a temperature of 175°F- they have more connective tissue that needs to be broken down.
Mazola has a high smoke point (450˚ F), great for grilling and stir frying at high temperatures.
If you don’t have a thermometer simply cut a piece of chicken in half- at the thickest part- if the meat is white/opaque with no pink and the juices run clear with no pink then it’s cooked.
What if I don’t have a BBQ? Can I bake these in the oven?
Yes! Simply preheat your oven to 400°F, place marinated thighs on a lined baking sheet and bake for ~20 minutes or until the chicken reaches at least an internal temperature of 165°F.
Is a grilled chicken sandwich healthy?
Grilling chicken is always a healthier option than battered and fried! And when you use Mazola Corn Oil in the marinade you are helping your heart too!
How to perfectly toast hamburger buns?
The secret is putting a thin layer of mayo on the surface to be grilled- this helps it toast up really nicely. Also just keep a close eye as you are toasted them so they don't burn!
What goes with chicken sandwiches?
If you want a different type of sauce instead of my tasty secret sauce (it’s giving me In-N-Out vibes), then try my honey mustard sauce (which is my version of Chick-Fil-A sauce!) or my homemade mayo.
For delicious refreshing drinks that go with chicken sandwiches check out:
Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- ¼ cup Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 8-10 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) ~2.5 lbs
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbs sweet relish
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Sliced Onion
- Combine Mazola Corn Oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, pepper, lemon juice in a medium sized bowl. Add chicken thighs and allow to marinate for 20 minutes. (¼ cup Mazola Corn Oil, 1 tbs yellow mustard, 1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce, 1 tbs garlic powder, 2 tsp pepper, 3 tbs lemon juice, 2.5 lbs chicken thighs)
- Preheat grill to ~300°F. Place marinated chicken thighs on grill, turning the heat to low. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- While chicken is grilling, combine all the ingredients for the secret sauce. (½ cup mayo, ¼ cup ketchup, 2 tbs sweet relish, 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce, 1 tsp white wine vinegar, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp sugar, ½ tsp salt)
- During the last 5 minutes of grilled, place your buns on the grill to toast them. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, assemble your sandwiches and enjoy!
- Add a thin layer of mayo to the buns before grilling to get a nice crust
*see Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health.