Bacon Grilled Cheese is a delicious easy meal that will have you wanting to make it all the time! With melted brie, crisp apples, sauteed onions, and delicious bacon, this grilled cheese will be your new favorite meal!
I’ve shared a few of my favorite bacon recipes recently and this sandwich is no exception. It is crunchy, melty, cheesy, with a hint of sweetness.
If you have bacon in your fridge or freeze here's how to tell if it's still good to eat!
Check out my favorite bacon recipes:
This recipe is a little extra special because it uses Good Rancher’s Pumpkin Spice Bacon. This bacon is so flavorful and delicious and it the perfect addition to this sandwich.
What you need for this recipe?
Bacon- If you can get your hands on some Pumpkin Spice Good Ranchers then don’t hesitate!
Bread- I love a good sourdough slice.
Brie- A sharp cheddar cheese would also be very good on this!
Apple- I like using a Gala for its sweetness but go with a Green if you want it a bit tart.
Onion- I like to use a white or yellow.
Get your own box of high-quality USA sourced meat here and use code JOY at check out for $30 off!
How to make a Grilled Cheese with Bacon?
- Cook the bacon until it is to your preferred crispiness. If you want to bake it check out my post here.
- Butter one side of the bread, then place bread slice butter side down in a fry pan.
- Build your sandwich. Use as much or as little of the ingredients that you want.
- Place the remaining piece of bread butter side up.
- Heat pan on medium-low heat until bread is nice and golden, flip and toast the other side.
Brie cheese is such a great combo in this sandwich. It’s definitely a go-to for when I need a tasty cheese and it pairs well with the apples.
Pro Tip: Build your sandwich so the cheese is on the bottom when it is first heating up, that way it will get soft and help everything stick together when you flip it!
Bacon Grilled Cheese Variations
- Cheese- Try a sharp cheddar or smoked gouda.
- Fruit- Firm pears would be delicious.
- Sweetness- Instead of fruit try jam or honey!
- Heat- Add some candied jalapenos!
- Garnish- Sprinkle with green onion or fresh herbs.
- Meat- Add thinly sliced steak, prosciutto, or salami!
Brie and Bacon Grilled Cheese
- 10 oz Bacon* Cooked; I used Good Ranchers Pumpkin Spice Bacon
- ½ yellow onion thinly sliced and sautéed
- 8 slices bread- I like to use sourdough
- 4 tbs Butter softened to room temperature
- 8-12 slices of brie
- 1 apple thinly sliced, I use da Gala
- Cook bacon in a fry pan until cooked to your desired level of crispiness.10 oz Bacon*
- In bacon grease, or in a clean fry pan with 1 tbs butter, add sliced onions and cook on medium low heat for 5-10 minutes until soft and partially cooked.½ yellow onion
- Butter one side of each piece of bread. Place half of the bread butter-side down in a large skillet.8 slices bread- I like to use sourdough, 4 tbs Butter
- Lay 2-3 pieces of brie down, 4-6 thinly sliced pieces of apple, 2 halved pieces of cooked bacon, and some sautéed onions on each piece of bread. Then top with another slice of buttered bread, butter side up to complete the sandwich.8-12 slices of brie, 1 apple
- Heat pan with sandwich over medium-low heat. After 5-7 minutes, the bottom piece of bread should be browned, flip the sandwich to brown the other side. The second side will take less time, 2-5 minutes, since the pan will be hot.
- Once both sides are browned, remove from pan and grill remaining sandwiches. These will take less time to brown since the pan is already hot, so keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.