Green Bean Casserole with Cream Cheese, creamy and delicious green bean casserole that everyone will love! The perfect side dish for dinner and the holidays!
Ready for your new favorite side dish? It’s easy to make, simple, and with the added cream cheese, extra delicious.
This Thanksgiving I am all about easy and fast dishes. I’ve shared my favorite make ahead mashed potatoes with the no drippings gravy (sooo good), and I just shared my easy pumpkin pie with a graham cracker crust.
Now I bring you my favorite way to make and east green bean casserole. Here’s the secret- it’s a very similar recipe to the classic French’s Green Bean Casserole but you just add cream cheese and a little bacon.
I mean cream cheese and bacon will make most things way better and this is no exception.
Green Bean Casserole Ingredients
With only a handful of ingredients you can make this delicious dish!
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Cream Cheese
- Green Beans- I use canned but you can use fresh or frozen
- Fried Onions- I use French's, but any brand will do
How to make green bean casserole with cream cheese?
- Cook up your bacon and then chop into pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together your cream of mushroom soup, milk, pepper, and cream cheese.
- Drain your green beans.
- Add green beans, some of the fried onion, and some of the bacon to the cream cheese mixture.
- Place mixture in a casserole dish and then bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with more onion and bacon, then bake for 5 more minutes.
Tips not to miss!
Why add cream cheese to green bean casserole?
It just makes it better and even more flavorful. True the classic green bean casserole is tasty but cream cheese just gives it that little extra yum factor.
Can green bean casserole be made ahead of time?
Yes. Make the casserole but instead of baking it, freeze it. Thaw in the fridge the night before and then follow the baking instructions.
Can you use fresh or frozen green beans?
Yep! Just cook them until just tender before using them in the recipe.
How to soften cream cheese in the microwave?
If you forget to let your cream cheese soften you can microwave for 20 second intervals at 50% power until soft.
Cream cheese not mixing in?
It’s okay to have some cream cheese chunk but if there are a lot I like to use and immersion blender to smooth out the mixture before adding the green beans.
Can you double this recipe?
Absolutely! You will just need to increase the baking time to 40 minutes instead of 30- or until hot all the way through. Oh, and you will need a bigger baking dish.
This recipe is so simple and yields an amazing dish that I can’t wait for you to try!
Don’t miss my other holiday foods found here!
Watch how to make this recipe!
Green Bean Casserole with Cream Cheese
- 6 oz bacon cooked and chopped, divided
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup 10.5 oz
- ½ cup milk
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans green beans 3-11 oz cans green beans
- 6 oz fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook bacon in a small fry pan, allow cool, then chop.6 oz bacon
- In a medium sized bowl combine cream of mushroom soup, milk,, cream cheese, and pepper. Stir until it’s fully combined. If your cream cheese isn’t very soft you can use an immersion blender or powered hand mixer to combine. Some small chunks are okay.1 can cream of mushroom soup, ½ cup milk, 8 oz cream cheese, ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Drain the green beans, then stir into cream cheese mixture. Stir in ⅔ cup of fried onions, and ⅓ of the bacon.3 cans green beans
- Place green beans mixture in a 1 ½ quart baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove from oven, top with remaining bacon pieces and fried onions, and bake for 5 more minutes. Onions should be golden.6 oz fried onions
- Remove from oven and enjoy!