Orange Smoothie, a delicious and refreshing drink perfect for a hot summer day! Enjoy this Orange Smoothie in the morning for breakfast or as a dessert!
What’s your favorite part of summer?
Growing up, as a special treat on hot days, we would stop by the Orange Julius store and get big smoothies. They were so refreshing and so delicious!
I wanted to recreate my favorite Orange Julius drink and share it with you all! I’m sure you’ve probably had one before and hopefully you’ll like this copycat version too!
It’s tangy from the orange juice, sweet from the sugar, and deliciously smooth from the milk!
How to make orange smoothie?
- Combine milk, vanilla, and frozen juice concentrate in a blender and blend until mixed.
- Add in the sugar and ice and blend on medium/high for about 30 seconds.
Do I have to use whole milk?
Nope. You can use 2% or 1% but whole or 2% will make the drink creamier.
Can I use almond milk or another diary free milk?
Absolutely. But just note it won’t be as creamy and may have a slightly different taste from the nut milk you use.
Looking for a great almond milk recipe? I’ve got one right here for you!
What blender do I recommend?
I love using my Breville SuperQ! It's high powered, easy to clean, and makes the best smoothies, soups, and can even make cookies. However, any other high powered blender would work great. A regular blender will get the job done too but it might not be as smoothie- it will still be delicious though!
Did you grow up drinking Orange Julius’s too? What is your favorite summer drink? Let me know in the comments below!
Make sure to check out some of my other favorite summer treats:
- Tri Tip Tacos
- Smoked Chicken
- Spinach Bacon Dip
- Ultimate Green Chile Burger
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- Non-Alcoholic Mint Julep
- Peach Iced Tea
- Homemade Lemonade
- Watermelon Slushie
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Orange Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups ice
- In a blender combine milk, vanilla, and frozen orange juice concentrate. Blend on high for a few seconds to combine everything together. (1 cup whole milk, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 16 oz frozen orange juice concentrate)
- Add sugar and ice and blend on high for 30 seconds or if using a Breville Super Q just hit the smoothie option! (¼ cup sugar, 1 ½ cups ice)
I am an affiliate for Breville which means if you purchase any of their products using my links, I will earn a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thanks!