An easy tortilla soup recipe that takes 10 minutes to make!
Full of flavor and perfect for dinner, this easy tortilla soup recipe is a winner! (That rhymes hehe!)
Easy Tortilla Soup Recipe- healthy and flavorful!
The Super Q Blender is AMAZING! It has so many different uses and I am so excited to try them all out.
The programmed soup button makes making soups so easy to make. You pour all your ingredients in, press the button and then 6 minutes later you have smooth hot soup (yes it heats it up!).
How to make this easy tortilla soup recipe:
- Sauté onion, garlic, and jalapeno in a little olive oil.
- Add to Super Q along with all the other ingredients except for the avocado, corn, tortillas, and chicken.
- Press the soup button and let the magic happen!
- Fry up your tortilla strips and shred your chicken.
- Top soup with diced avocado, corn, tortilla strips, and chicken!
I don’t have a Super Q, can I make this tortilla soup recipe on the stove?
Of course! Even though I totally recommend getting the Super Q, I completely understand not having one. It’s a great kitchen tool but not necessary.
How to make authentic chicken tortilla soup on the stove:
If making this entire recipe on the stove top sauté the onions, garlic, and jalapenos in a large stock pot. Once done sautéing add all the ingredients (except the avocado and tortillas) to the large stock pot.
Make sure to chop up the cilantro and tomato of the stove top version.
Bring soup to a boil and remove from heat. Top with diced avocado and fried tortilla strips.
You can eat the soup as is, however it won’t be creamy like that made in the Super Q.
You can use an immersion blender in this soup until it is all combined, or puree it in a food processor. Any way you make it and blend it (or not blend it) it will taste delicious!
Can I freeze tortilla soup?
Yes! Place soup in a zip loc bag or another air tight container and freeze. Should last up to 3 months in the freezer.
To reheat simply run warm water over the baggie or container until the frozen soup with come away from the container. Place in a medium sauce pot and heat over medium heat until warm.
Not only is this soup super fast to make it is so flavorful. The blended onion, garlic, cilantro, along with the lime juice and jalapeno give this so much flavor!
I grew up getting tortilla soup from one of the only decent Mexican restaurants in town and this brings me back!
Feel free to add some cheese too! YUM!
I know a lot people look for Vitamix soup recipes- but now it’s time for Super Q soup recipes!
Honestly although I love my Super Q blender, it is very similar to a Vitamix or any other high-power blender. So, that being said, this recipe will work in the Vitamix!
Who would have thought a blender tortilla soup could taste so good!
Easy Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeds and stem removed, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 to mato
- ½ cup cilantro
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup corn
- 2-3 corn tortillas
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 1 chicken breast cooked and shredded
- In a medium sauce pan heat olive oil. *
- Sauté the onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes, until onion is soft and they are fragrant.
- Add in the chopped jalapeno and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add your sautéed veggies, all spices, tomato, cilantro, chicken broth, and lime juice to the Super Q Blender*.
- Making sure the lid is in place, press the soup button and allow the Super Q to run the soup program.
- While it is running, cut your corn tortillas into strips and fry them in the olive oil over medium high heat on the stove.
- Once the soup is done blending pour into the bowls. Add corn to each serving, along with tortilla strips, avocado, and shredded chicken. You can also add some freshly diced onion as well!
*If making this entire recipe on the stove top saute the onions and garlic in a large stock pot. You will only need the stock pot. *Or add everything to the large stock pot if using. Bring soup to a boil and remove from heat. You can eat the soup as is, adding in the corn, chicken, avocado and fried tortillas strips, however it won’t be creamy like that made in the Super Q. You can use an immersion blender in this soup until it is all combined, or puree it in a food processor. Any way you make it and blend it (or not blend it) it will taste delicious!
I am an affiliate for Breville which means if you purchase any of their products using my links, I will earn a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thanks!