This Limeade recipe is easy to make and super refreshing! Perfect balance of sweet and tangy for your next favorite drink!
The weather is heating up, the sun is shining, and I am loving cold refreshing drinks!
Other tasty drinks:
All you need are limes (or lime juice), sugar, and water. That’s all!
This is the tastiest limeade ever! Sweet and tangy and oh-so- delicious!
How to make limeade?
- Heat some water and sugar in a saucepan until combined
- Let cool
- Pour into pitcher, stir in remaining water and lime juice- enjoy!
Cold beverages are where it’s at. Make sure to refrigerate the drink after mixing everything together so you can serve ice cold limeade to everyone!
How long does homemade limeade last?
If you keep it refrigerated it should last at least a week.
What is simple syrup?
Simple syrup is a mixture of water and sugar that is heated together to dissolve the sugar into the water to form a syrup. You can flavor simple syrup with extracts (like lavender, and mint) or leave them plain.
Use simple syrups in your favorite drinks (great for teas, lemonades, and alcoholic drinks!)
The syrup is a clear liquid like the one pictured below!
Fresh or store bought lime juice?
This recipe works great with either- and honestly it is so much easier to buy lime juice since you need 2 cups. Other wise you will need to squeeze about 16 limes.
Best method for juicing limes?
I like using either of the two methods pictured below with my absolute preference being the one where you squeeze the citrus between two surfaces (on the left).
I like to freeze lime wedges and then add them to the drinks along with ice!
Limeade Recipe Variations:
- Add cherry juice to make a cherry limeade
- Use club soda for a sparkling limeade
- Garnish with lime slices, strawberries, cherries, and mint leaves
- Blend with ice to make a frozen limeade
For more tasty recipes check out:
A refreshing limeade recipe that is simple and delicious! Great for summer grilling or just as a delicious beverage anytime!
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 6-8 cups water divided
- 2 cups lime juice *
- Combine 1 ½ cups water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. (1 ½ cups sugar)
- Once dissolved refrigerate until cool. Then pour into a pitcher, stir in remaining water, and lime juice. (6-8 cups water, 10 juiced lemons or 2 cups lime juice)
*This recipe works with both fresh lime juice and bottled lime juice. If using fresh limes, you will need ~16 for 2 cups.
* You can also use club soda in lieu of some of the water for a sparkling/fizzy limeade!
I used this recipe for my Hearthstone inspired Acidic Ooze Limeade! Adding in Jolly Rancher Green Apple To-Go Packets gave this limeade an extra bright green color and a delicious flavor!
All mention of Hearthstone is copy right protected by: ©2014 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Heroes of Warcraft is a trademark, and Hearthstone is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Blizzard Entertainment is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved.