Homemade lemonade is easy to make and extra tasty on a hot day! Refreshingly sweet and perfect for your next BBQ!
Pin now and save for later!
With spring arriving and summer right around the corner it is time to get ready for all the cold drinks, BBQ, swimming, and campfires!
And I have the perfect lemonade recipe for you!
All you need is lemons (or lemon juice), sugar, and water. That’s all!
How to make homemade lemonade?
- Heat some water and sugar in a saucepan until combined
- Let cool
- Pour into pitcher, stir in remaining water and lemon juice- enjoy!
I like to refrigerate the lemonade before serving it and then add ice cubes to people’s glasses and the pitcher when I do serve it. Cold drinks are the best!
Easy homemade lemonade is where it’s at. So tasty and so easy!
How long does homemade lemonade last?
If you keep it refrigerated it should last at least a week.
Lemonade Recipe Variations:
- Use lime juice instead for an easy limeade
- Use club soda for a sparkling lemonade
- Garnish with lemon slices, strawberries, cherries, and mint leaves
- Add mint leaves to the saucepan with the water and sugar for a mint lemonade
- Add some cherry juice for a cherry lemonade
A homemade lemonade recipe that can be made fast!
How many lemons make 1 cup of juice?
For one cup of lemon juice you will need about 5-6 lemons. So for this recipe you will need 10-12 lemons. You can use bottled lemon juice or freshly squeezed lemon juice for this recipe!
What’s your favorite summer drink? Let me know in the comments below!
For more tasty recipes check out:
- Easy Mint Julep Recipe (nonalcoholic)
- Orange Julius
- Lemon Cake Cookies
- Easy Lemon Bars
- Carrot Cake Cookies
Homemade Lemonade Recipe
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 10 cups water divided
- 10 lemons juiced ~2 cups lemon juice *
- Combine 1 cup water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. (1 ½ cups sugar)
- Once dissolved refrigerate until cool. Then pour into a pitcher, stir in remaining water, and lemon juice. (9 cups water, 10 juiced lemons or 2 cups lemon juice)
*This recipe works with both fresh lemon juice and bottled lemon juice.
* Meyer’s Lemons will be sweeter and juicier so you might not need as many lemons.
* You can also use club soda in lieu of some of the water for a sparkling/fizzy lemonade!
I made this lemonade into Biology Project Lemonade as part of my Hearthstone Menu! Check it out to find other delicious recipes like Shudderwock Salad, Chameleos Cinnamon Roll French Toast, Candied Walnut Sprites, Shadowdancer Sliders, and Card Pack Cakes! If you aren’t familiar with Hearthstone you can read all about this fun online card game here!
To make this lemonade neon yellow I added a drop of neon yellow food gel to the drink and mixed until incorporated!
Hearthstone Card Image from Gamepedia
©2014 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Hearthstone is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Blizzard Entertainment is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
Thank you Hearthstone for some of the fun items given to me for my pictures!