Homemade Almond Milk, easy to make, deliciously smooth! Enjoy this homemade almond milk plain, add it to a smoothie or make it into delicious chocolate “milk.”
Homemade Almond Milk
Lately I’ve realized that milk doesn’t always sit right with me. And although I will always love ice cream, cheese, and buttercream frosting- I thought it would be fun to try making my own almond milk!
This almond milk recipe is so simple and the end result is smooth and delicious!
Almond milk- and any nut milk for that matter (yum cashew milk!) is so easy to make- the hardest part is waiting for the nuts to soak!
How to make homemade almond milk:
- Soak almonds overnight in water.
- You’ll notice after they’ve soaked overnight that they will look cloudy. Rinse them off and place them in a high speed blender.
- Add filtered water to the almonds and then blend on high for about 30 seconds- or until the liquid looks smooth.
- Strain the almond milk through a cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
How long does homemade almond milk stay good for?
Consume within 3 day of making- which won’t be hard because it’s so good!
Can you freeze almond milk?
Yes! Simply pour into an ice cube tray, freeze and then pop them out into a ziploc baggie and keep them in the freezer. Use for iced coffee or for smoothies!
Is it normal for almond milk to separate?
Yep! I always give it a little shake or stir it when I take it out of the fridge to use.
What kind of blender do I recommend?
Other high powered blenders will work too.
Help! My almond milk is taking forever to strain!
Just be patient and do it in small batches- that’s what I do!
Can I sweeten almond milk?
Yes! You can add a little vanilla, your sweetener of choice and a pinch of salt befre you blend everything.
Homemade Almond Milk
- 2 Cups Almonds
- 4 Cups Filtered Water
- Cheesecloth or Nut Milk Bag
- Place almonds in a glass bowl or mason jar. Pour water over them until they are covered. The soaking water can be normal tap water or filtered your choice. (2 cups almonds).
- Allow almonds to soak overnight or at least 4 hours, but overnight is preferred!
- Once they are done soaking rinse the almond off then place in a high powered blender and add your filtered water (4 cups filtered water).
- Blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the almond milk looks smooth.
- Using cheesecloth lined sieve or a nut milk bag strain the almond milk.
- Store the almond milk in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
I am an affiliate for Breville which means if you purchase any of their products using my links, I will earn a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thanks!