Pumpkin Spice Bacon Pancakes with apples are a delicious and easy way to welcome the fall and elevate your breakfast! With delicious bacon, sweet apples, and fluffy pancakes, you will love these tasty pancakes!
These bacon pancakes are perfect for fall and will be on repeat for the months to come! They are so easy and soooo delicious!
What you need for apple bacon pancakes:
- Pancake Mix plus any extra ingredients it requires (typically eggs, milk, oil)
- Apples- I like a gala if I want it a little sweeter or a green apple if I want a tart taste
- Bacon- highly recommend the Good Ranchers Pumpkin Spice Bacon!
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
What pancake mix should you use?
I used Bisquick mix which needed eggs, milk, and a little oil added to the batter. I am a huge fan of bisquick mix (I use it in my blueberry coffee cake and these cheesy biscuits) and so it was no brainer to use it in this recipe.
Krusteez is also a great pancake mix and only requires water.
If you have a favorite homemade pancake mix feel free to use that as well!
Let's Talk Bacon
Well, unsurprisingly, like everything I’ve tried from Good Ranchers, it’s amazing. I also used it in for this delicious bacon wrapped dates recipe and this bacon apple grilled cheese- and it is spot on every time! 100% recommend!
You can get this bacon here and if you use code JOY at checkout you will get $30 off your order! Super awesome!
Not only do they have top quality meat sourced only from American ranchers, but for every box purchased they give meals to those in need. A truly incredible company!
How to make bacon pancakes?
- Cook bacon and then crumble.
- Peel apples then grate one and cube the remaining two. (If you need an good peeler I love this one!- amazon affiliate link)
- Mix up your pancake batter and mix in the grated apples and ⅓ of the bacon.
- Add batter to lightly oiled heated pan and flip when sides start to set and bottom is browned. Brown the second side then repeat with remaining batter.
- Add cubed apples, butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar to a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, covering in between stirring. Cook until apples are soft (~5 minutes).
- Once apples are cooked add the remaining bacon and syrup, stir, and spoon onto pancakes.
- If you don't have pumpkin spice bacon from Good Ranchers simply add ½ teaspoon of pie spice to the apple topping!
How to know when to flip pancakes?
Flip pancakes with the edges are set and bubble start to form on the surface of the batter.
What goes with pancakes and bacon?
- Top pancakes with a little whipped cream.
- Serve pancakes along with eggs- fried, scrambled, or poached.
- Orange juice or this orange smoothie is a great drink to go with pancakes.
Pumpkin Spice Bacon Pancakes
- Favorite Pancake Mix and any additional ingredients it requires
- 3 medium apples- gala for sweet granny for more tart
- 10 oz bacon I used pumpkin spice from Good Ranchers
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Cook bacon in a large fry pan or bake in the oven. If cooking in a skillet, wipe the skillet clean before using to cook pancakes. Once cooked, cut or crumble bacon in to bite sized pieces.10 oz bacon
- While bacon is cooking, peel apples and remove the cores. Grate one apple and cube the other two.3 medium apples- gala for sweet
- Mix up pancake batter according to package instructions and stir in grated apple and ⅓ of the crumbled bacon. *Favorite Pancake Mix
- Lightly oil your skillet or fry pan* and heat over medium heat. Pour ~¼ cup of batter in the skillet. Depending on the size of the skillet will determine how many pancakes you can cook at once. Make sure to allow room for the batter to spread.
- Cook pancakes until the edges are cooked and bubbles are forming on the top and the bottom is browned. * Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the other side is browned. Remove from skillet and cover with foil or a plate to keep warm, repeat with remaining batter.
- In a medium sauce pan combine cubed apples, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir over medium heat, covering with a lid in between stirring, until apples are soft and can easily be pierced with a fork, about 5 minutes.3 medium apples- gala for sweet, 3 tbs butter, 2 tbs brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Once cooked, stir in syrup and remaining crumbled bacon.½ cup maple syrup
- Top pancakes with apple bacon syrup mixture and enjoy!
- *You can put in as much of the bacon as you want, I just like to save some for the apple topping. If you put it all in you will still get a delicious tasting bacon pancake that is even more loaded with bacon! Can’t go wrong!
- Pumpkin Spice Bacon: If you don't have pumpkin spice bacon from Good Ranchers simply add ½ teaspoon of pie spice to the apple topping!
- *To oil the fry pan or skillet add a little vegetable oil or canola oil to the pan, carefully use a paper towel to spread it around and wipe up the excess. Every time before you add new batter to the pan carefully wipe it with the oiled paper towel.
- *If you notice the pancakes getting too dark/cooking too fast turn the heat to medium/low.
- Nutrition info doesn't include additional ingredients for pancake batter (milk, eggs, and oil).