This green chile burger is one of my favorite things to eat! It is piled high with amazingly delicious toppings and the burger itself is incredibly tasty. You can’t go wrong with this!
Here in NM, we serve green chile on everything and since moving here it has become one of my favorite foods. It takes burgers to the next level always- but all the other toppings on this burger make it taste out of this world good!
I love the combination of a runny egg, the sweet potato and the amazing burger. Not to mention the cheese with the pickles and the onion. Okay I really love everything about this burger. Have I said that enough?
Where to get green chile?
I use green chile that I bought back during harvest time in October. We had it roasted and then I peeled, chopped and froze it. Last year we bought 40lbs so we would have enough to last us until next harvest. We take our green chile seriously here! Most of the chile is the famous Hatch green chile (grown in Hatch, NM amazingly enough), but people grow green chile all over NM and they all claim to be the best! I love trying chile from different regions.
If you can’t find yummy fresh green chile have no fear! Many stores now carry it in the frozen section at their grocery store or if you don’t have that option there is always the canned kind.
This hamburger is not only a feast for the eyes but is satisfying in every way! I made these when we had some friends coming over and everyone loved them. They can get a little messy with the runny egg, but it is 100% worth it! Serve it up with some chips or this easy pasta salad and you are good to go!
Delicious Green Chile Cheese Burger!
Toppings for a green chile cheese burger include but aren’t limited to:
- fried egg
- sweet potato curls
- anything else you can think of!
What types of toppings are your favorites for burgers? Have you ever had a burger with a fried egg, green chile or sweet potato on it? Let me know in a comment below!
Make sure to check out my easy hamburger bun recipe for gorgeous homemade hamburger buns!
Fully loaded green chile burger
This gourmet green chile burger is so tasty you will wonder why you’ve never made it before! Great for bbqs, parties or tonight’s dinner!
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs dried chopped onion
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp chile pepper flakes
- 1 tbs liquid smoke
- 1 ½ tbs Worcestershire sauce
- Bacon cooked
- Fried egg
- Green Chile*
- Sweet potato strings
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Red Onion sliced thin
- Tomato sliced
- In a medium sized bowl mix ground beef with eggs*
- Add in all the other seasonings and mix thoroughly
- Form into eight patties
- In a medium sized pan cook bacon over medium heat until nice and crispy
- Shred or spiralize one sweet potato. In a medium pan fry the sweet potato in a little olive oil until cooked and somewhat crispy
- In a medium skillet fry egg (or eggs!), then use same skillet to warm up the green chile
- In a large skillet, cook burgers on medium high heat for 6 minutes, or until done, flipping after 3 minutes.
- Slice tomatoes and onion
- To assemble the burgers simply place a patty on a grilled bun. Put any combination of the toppings on top!
- 10. Enjoy!
*I find it easiest to mix everything with my hands, but if you have a stand mixer that will work fine too!