Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, easy to make and absolutely delicious! Enjoy these dairy free chocolate chip cookies for dessert today!
You guys know I love cookies! I’ve shared my favorite classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, my double chocolate pudding cookie recipe, the best sugar cookie recipe and even a chocolate sugar cookie recipe, and now I thought I’d give you all a dairy free variation!
Normally when making things dairy free I just substitute the butter one for one with refined coconut oil and see if it works.
And you can totally do that with my classic chocolate chip recipe if you want.
However, I tweaked that recipe a bit and came up with these fabulous dairy free cookies! They are so good!
How to make dairy free chocolate chip cookies?
- Mix together your coconut oil, white sugar, brown sugar, and salt. Get it all nice and combined.
- Mix in your eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in your flour and baking soda. A nice delicious dough will form.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet at 350°F for 9-11 minutes.
Best Tips for Dairy Free Cookies
You want to take the cookies out of the oven while they are still pale/ light colored.
Butter usually allows the cookies to brown nicely and since there is none if you wait to take the cookies out until they are browned, they will be over baked and get hard!
What kind of coconut oil should I use?
I recommend refined coconut oil because it doesn’t leave a coconut flavor in whatever you are baking. If you only have unrefined or want a coconut flavor in your cookies then unrefined will work fine too!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out my other dairy free recipes!
Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup refined coconut oil melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups dairy free chocolate chips
For a standard mixer:
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixer combine the coconut oil, white sugar, brown sugar, and salt.½ cup refined coconut oil, 1 cup white sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, Pinch of salt
- Then mix in the vanilla and eggs and stir until combined.2 teaspoon vanilla, 2 eggs
- Add in the flour and baking soda. Mix until a dough forms.3 cups white flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda
- By hand stir in the chocolate chips.1 ½ cups dairy free chocolate chips
- Drop small balls onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. They will still be fairly light colored when you take them out and that’s good.
- Let rest for 2 minutes then enjoy!