This peach tea recipe is perfectly peachy and has just the right amount of sweetness. It is refreshing and the perfect way to cool off on a hot afternoon!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you been here for awhile you know I love my summer drinks! Whether it a watermelon slushy, mint julep, or limeade, I am all about cold sweet drinks on a hot summer day!
However, I want to share one of my most favorite easy drink recipes with you and it’s this peach iced tea recipe.
Ingredients needed for peach iced tea?
All you need is 4 simple ingredients:
- Black Tea Bags
Homemade peach iced tea is easy to make and so refreshing!
How to make peach tea:
- In a medium sauce pan add your sugar and sliced peaches
- Heat over medium heat until the sugar melts and starts to boil
- Boil 3 minutes stirring constantly, then remove from the heat and let it cool completely (I like to stick it in the fridge to speed up the cooling!)
- While the sugar mixture is cooling, boil 4 cups of water and then add in your tea bags
- Allow tea to steep for 5 minutes, then remove the bags and allow the tea mixture to cool.
- Combine tea with sugar/peach mixture in a large pitcher, add in the remaining water and then refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour yourself a glass, add some ice and enjoy!
This is such a simple and delicious recipe that I know you will love.
Frequently Ask Questions answered
How to make peach syrup:
Heat your sugar and peaches over medium heat until the sugar melts. Broil for 3 minutes then strain the peaches out of the liquid and allow the syrup to cool.
What is the best black tea to use?
You can use regular simple black tea from your local store or try my favorite black tea: Paris Black Tea. It's what I always get from Dutch Bros and if found it on Amazon. It's amazing! (affiliate link)
How long should you steep tea?
Steep tea only for 5 minutes to prevent a bitter flavor. This peach iced tea recipe is simple, easy to make, and full of delicious flavor! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Is peach iced tea good for you?
Peaches have so many great benefits for you and when peach tea is made from scratch it is a tasty and refreshing source of vitamins and minerals. However, sweetened tea is full of sugar and that can sometimes outweigh the benefits of the peaches.
Can I make peach tea unsweetened? Without sugar?
Yes! Simply add your cut peaches to the sauce pan along with ½ cup of water (to help prevent burning).
Heat over medium low for about 3-5 minutes or until the liquid starts to turn pink. Boil for 3 minutes and then strain out the peaches.
Watch how to make this recipe!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Easy Peach Tea
- 3 large peaches white or yellow
- ½ cup of sugar
- 8 black tea bags
- 11 cups of water, divided
- Wash and slice the peaches, then place in a sauce pan. (3 peaches)
- Add the sugar to the peaches and heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. (½ cup sugar)
- Once the sugar is melted, let it come to a boil and boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. To speed this process up you can stick it in the refrigerator. Then remove the peaches from the syrup either by hand or by using a strainer.
- While the sugar/peach mixture is cooling, bring 4 cups of water to a boil, then steep your 8 black tea bags for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags after the 5 minutes is up and refrigerate until cold.
- After the sugar mixture is cooled, combine it with the concentrated tea and add the remaining 7 cups water.
- Add ice and enjoy!
- Depending on how sweet you like your tea you may want to add more or less sugar.
- I prefer my peach syrup strained but you can leave the pieces of cooked peaches in the syrup if you like.
- Steeping the tea bags for only 5 minutes prevents the tea from becoming bitter.
Post updated 7/22/2021
This recipe was originally featured in my Hearthstone Menu as Sir Finley’s Peach Iced Tea. You can read more about Hearthstone here and see my full Hearthstone Menu here!
Hearthstone Card Image from Gamepedia
©2014 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Hearthstone is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Blizzard Entertainment is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
Marlynn | Urban Bliss Life
I could use a big batch of this peach iced tea with today's heat where I live! It looks so refreshing!
I hear you! It's hot here too!
Peaches are the perfect summertime flavor! Love the recipe, thanks for sharing 🙂
Yum! This looks delicious and so refreshing!
I am not a big fan of peach flavored tea, but sure love other kinds of ice tea 🙂 But I sure need to try make my own cause I've not make my own ice before. Have no idea why, but I need to change that 🙂
Being a Southerner two of my favorite things in the world a peaches and iced tea. This is a must try for me.