Crockpot Pot Roast, an easy and delicious dinner! With tasty ingredients and delicious seasonings this Crockpot Pot Roast is what you need to make ASAP!
Crockpot Pot Roast
Coming home after a long day at work to delicious smells, dinner done and ready to be eaten is the best! Nothing beats an easy and tasty crock pot dinner!
While you are here make sure to check out some other dinner options:
- Chicken Enchilada
- Delicious Pasta Sauce
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Delicious Dinner Rolls
- Baked French Fries
- Cheese Biscuits
- Easy Spinach Dip
The crock pot has been around for ever and for good reason- it makes tasty meals! I know everyone loves their InstaPots but call me old fashioned- I still use my crock pot!
One meal that I love to make is a simple roast with veggies and lots of seasonings. It is so easy to change up the flavor with little additions like Worcestershire, or Liquid Smoke.
Alright so let’s get on to the recipe!
How to make Crockpot Pot Roast?
Rub roast with salt on all sides.
Brown the roast on all sides in a skillet.
Chop up your veggies and potatoes and place them in the crock pot.
Add the roast, seasonings, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, and garlic to the crock pot.
Pour water over the roast.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hrs.
Do you still use your crock pot? What do you love to make in it? Let me know in a comment below!
What type of roast should I use?
I love using a chuck roast, rump roast or bottom round roast. But other options include brisket, shoulder steak, and chuck shoulder pot roast.
The type of meats used for pot roast are typically ones that would be tough and chewy if cooked fast because of all the connective tissue in them.
But that connective tissue is great for slow cooking and add lots of delicious flavor to your meal.
Other recipes not to miss:
- Easy Non-Alcoholic Mint Julep
- Pasta Salad
- Trip Tip Tacos
- Easy Bread
- Stuffed Zucchini Bites
- Loaded Green Chile Burger
Crockpot Pot Roast
- 2 lb roast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups potatoes largely chopped
- 2 tbs liquid smoke
- 2 tbs Worcestershire
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 cup water
- Rub roast with salt. (2lb roast, 1tsp salt)
- In a large skillet heat up the oil and then brown all sides of the roast. (1 tbs olive oil)
- Place carrots, onion, and potatoes in the crock pot, followed by the roast, all of the seasonings, garlic, and the water. (2 cups chopped carrots, ½ cup chopped onion, 2 cups potatoes largely chopped, 2 tbs liquid smoke, 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbs garlic powder, 1 tsp pepper, 8 garlic cloves, 1 cup water)
- Cook on low for 8hrs.