There aren’t many dinners that can get better than a garlic butter steak cooked perfectly and maybe a yummy salad on the side!
I don’t know if it is because it’s starting to feel like summer or what, but lately I’ve been craving a juicy steak with a big salad and some iced tea! I guess that’s a go to dinner for me when it’s too hot to cook a big meal.
Recently, I shared my apple pecan salad and talked about a favorite restaurant of mine called Pluto’s. That’s where I first discovered huge delicious salads served with steak and that is what has inspired this steak!
A lot of the time I cook steak with only a little salt and olive oil. Most good cuts of steak don’t need anything else. However, sometimes I like to add a little more flavor by way of butter, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire. It’s nice to change things up every now and then!
This steak is seriously so good! It’s pretty much the perfect steak! I love mine cooked medium rare, sliced and served on top of a salad full of yummy toppings. How do you like your steak cooked?
Even if you don’t eat it with salad, this garlic butter steak is perfect on its own! If you are skipping the salad try making some easy homemade bread or my easy pasta salad to go with it! Any way you eat it, this steak is the best!
Oh, and can we just talk about the garlic for a second?! I love that it cooks down in its little husk and then comes out so nicely! It is perfectly sautéed, ready to be eaten, and smells amazing! Garlic is seriously one of my favorite foods!
So there you have it! An amazing steak perfect for dinner! Now go make yourself one!
Don’t feel like an apple pecan salad? Try my brie and prosciutto salad instead! Drink a refreshing mint julep as you enjoy this delicious steak dinner and finish everything off with a yummy dessert like my double chocolate pudding cookies, mini apple pies, cake pops, or chocolate drizzled popcorn!
Garlic Butter Steak
- ½ lb top sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbs butter*
- 4 garlic cloves unpeeled
- 2 teaspoon liquid smoke divided
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce divided
- Let your steak come to room temperature for 10-20 minutes. During this time sprinkle both sides with salt.
- In a medium skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the garlic cloves with the peel still on, once cooked the peel will come off easily! I leave the cloves in the pan for as long as the steak cooks.
- Place your steak in the heated pan and cook 3-5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon liquid smoke and 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce. Flip add remaining liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce and cook for another 3-5 minutes. You will probably need to flip it again and cook until the steak is done to your liking!