Beef with Garlic sauce is an easy and delicious meal any day of the week! Full of savory flavors, tender meat, and noodles, everyone will eat this up!
This easy stir fry is extra tasty and takes less than 20 minutes! Add your favorite veggies and use rice or noodles for a quick and easy dinner!
Pair this recipe with some easy air fried egg rolls and some of my favorite fried rice!
What is Chinese beef with garlic sauce?
Chinese beef with garlic sauce is a simple stir fry with thinly sliced meat and lots of garlic.
What does beef with garlic sauce taste like?
This is simple and flavorful dish that has a saltiness from the soy sauce, lots of garlic flavor, and tender meat.
What you need for Beef with Garlic Sauce Stir Fry:
- Thinly sliced streak- I recommend a top sirloin or flank stank
- Corn Starch
- Sauces: Olive Oil, Soy Sauce, Hoisin, Sesame Oil
- Veggies: Garlic, Ginger, Green Onions, Mushrooms, Red Bell Pepper
- Starch: Udon/Chow Mein Noodles or Rice
How to make beef with garlic sauce?
Thinly slice your meat, removing any fat or membranes, then toss with corn starch
Chop up your veggies and mince your garlic.
Heat oil then sauté your peppers and mushrooms then set aside.
Heat oil then sauté your garlic and ginger.
Add meat and cook half way, then add soy sauce and hoisin and finish cooking.
Garnish with green onions and serve with rice or noodles with a drizzle of sesame oil!
How to slice meat thin?
Similar to tri tip, you want to slice beef against the grain. Slice beef in 2-inch strips.
I like to buy steak that is ¼ inch thick from the store then slice that into strips.
How to store beef with garlic sauce:
Store any leftover beef with garlic sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How long do leftovers last?
Beef with Garlic sauce is best eaten right away, but if stored properly can last at least 3 days in the refrigerated.
Gluten free: Sub soy sauce with coconut aminos and leave out the hoisin.
Meat: Use either flank steak or top sirloin for this recipe.
Veggies: You can use no veggies or lots of different veggies in this recipe. I like cooking up broccoli, corn, green beans, or zucchini, if I have it on hand.
Sauce: If you want to try a sweet and spicy sauce over this meat, make some of my Gyoza Dipping Sauce and pour over the dish!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out my stuffed mushrooms, tri tip tacos, chicken enchiladas, or my grilled shrimp!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Beef with Garlic Sauce
- 1 lb Top sirloin or flank stank with membrane/fat removed
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 2 tbs garlic minced
- 1 Bell Pepper sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms any type sliced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger or ¼ teaspoon dried ginger
- 2 tbs olive oil divided
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs hoisin optional, but recommended
- 2 tbs green onion chopped
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- Noodles or Rice prepared according to package instructions
- Remove any membrane or fat from the steak. Slice steak into 2 inch strips against the grain, that are ¼ inch thick.1 lb Top sirloin or flank stank
- Sprinkle meat with corn starch and toss to coat.1 tbs corn starch
- Prep veggies. Crush or mince garlic and ginger, chop green onions, slice mushrooms, chop bell pepper.2 tbs garlic, 1 Bell Pepper, 8 oz mushrooms, 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, 2 tbs green onion
- Over medium high heat, heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large nonstick pan. Add the mushroom and red bell pepper and stir until slightly softened( ~5 mins). Then remove from pan and set aside.1 Bell Pepper, 8 oz mushrooms, 2 tbs olive oil
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan heat until hot. Add the garlic and ginger. Stir constantly until garlic and ginger are golden brown and fragrant- 1-2 minutes. ( ~1-2 mins)2 tbs garlic, 2 tbs olive oil, 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- Once garlic is browned, add the meat and cook until half way done. Then add in soy sauce and hoisin, stir to coat everything, and finish cooking the meat. (~2-4 mins)1 lb Top sirloin or flank stank, 1 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs hoisin
- Stir in the peppers and mushrooms, then garnish with green onions, a drizzle of sesame oil, and serve over rice or noodles.2 tbs green onion, 1 tbs sesame oil, Noodles or Rice
- Storage: Store any leftover beef with garlic sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Leftovers: Beef with Garlic sauce is best eaten right away, but if stored properly can last at least 3 days in the refrigerated.
- Sometimes I like to add a sprinkle of crushed red peppers or sesame seeds to my final dish if I have them!
- Nutrition info is an estimate and does not include rice or noodles.
Post and recipe updated 7/12/2022
Yum! The photo's look good enough to eat. I like the addition of liquid smoke. Makes for a quick and easy upliftment in taste.
Totally agree! The liquid smoke is awesome!
I have never tried cooking steak with butter yet. But sounds delicious specially with the garlic. Definitely trying this for dinner.
Awesome! Hope you like it!
You had me at the first picture! We definitely are a steak and garlic family! I will be using your recipe for our next steak night dinner.
Yay! Steak and garlic all the way! I hope you enjoy it!
Great minds think alike - I literally just posted a recipe that used a garlic butter sauce too! 😀 It makes everything so yummy 🙂
Oh man I will have to go check it out! I love the combo!
Linda | Brunch-n-Bites
This is my comfort food after a long day at work. And garlic butter simply adds amazing flavor to this steak.
Delicious steak! Perfectly cooked! The side salad is so delicious with all the fruit and the crunchy nuts!!
XD Thanks! I agree!
That steak looks amazing! I pinned this for a date night dinner. That salad looks like it will go great with it!
Yay! I hope you like it as much as I do!