Today I am bringing you my top requested mango salsa recipe! This easy mango salsa recipe is great with chips or on your favorite tacos!
This is my absolute favorite mango salsa recipe ever!
Chunky or smooth- you choose!
I have shared this mango salsa before, with my steak tacos and salmon tacos- but I thought it deserved its own special post. After all, it is my favorite salsa (okay well one of them!) and the one that my husband requests every time I make tacos!
An easy mango pineapple salsa- take less than 5 minutes to make!
Try it on my favorite steak tacos!
How to make this mango salsa recipe:
- Peel and cut up mango into large chunks
- Rinse and remove seeds and stems from bell peppers, jalapeno, and habeneros
- Rinse cilantro
- Remove husk from garlic
- Throw all the ingredients into a food processor and process!
- Eat up!
Can you freeze fresh salsa?
Yes, but you probably don’t want to. When you defrost the salsa, it will be more mushy, but still tasty. So really it’s up to you!
Can mango salsa be made ahead of time?
Yes! I love making it ahead of time. I like to let it refrigerate for a little while to let the flavors combine really well. Make it up to a day before.
How long can mango salsa last?
I would eat it up with in 5 days. The first thing to go in the salsa will likely be the cilantro. But this salsa is so good you won’t have trouble eating it up!
A mango salsa recipe that is great on any taco!
What is your favorite salsa? Have you tried this mango salsa yet? If you are looking for other tasty salsas make sure to check out my easy green salsa and my red chile sauce (perfect for carnitas!)
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER & SIGN UP FOR MY EMAIL NEWSLETTER!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Easy Mango Salsa Recipe
- 2-3 medium mangos
- 1 can crushed pineapple 8 oz
- ½ medium yellow onions
- 2 habaneros seeds and stems removed*
- 1 jalapeno*
- ½ orange bell pepper seeds and stem removed
- 2 cloves garlic husk removed
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1 tbs lime juice
How to make mango salsa:
- Peel and chop mangos, making sure not to chop up the pit. Toss in a food processor.
- Remove stems and seeds from habanero and jalapeno. Toss in food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor or blender.* Process until the salsa is chopped to the size you want! The more process time the more liquidy the salsa will be. If you want chunky salsa, blend for only 5-10 seconds!
- If you have time, let this salsa sit in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes. It will taste even more flavorful!
- Use as a salsa for chips or on your favorite tacos!
- Refrigerate all leftover salsa for 5 days.
Leave a Reply