This cucumber avocado salad is full of fresh, delicious ingredients perfect for a summer BBQ, or a tasty side to any meal!
I am loving all the sunshine we are having right now and just couldn’t wait to whip up this easy avocado salad.
It is so fresh and so delicious.
For more easy recipes check out:
- The BEST Burgers (apple chutney and blue cheese!)
- Shrimp Kabobs
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Homemade French Fries
How to Make Cucumber Avocado Salad:
- Peel cucumber and chop into chunks
- Dice tomatoes and avocados
- Cut up onion
- Chop up cilantro
- Put everything in a bowl and add lemon juice and olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad is one of my absolute favorites!
How to chop cucumber?
For this recipe I wanted nice bite sized squares.
- Peel the cucumber
- Slice lengthwise in half
- Slice each halt lengthwise into 3-4 strips
- Chop perpendicular to cuts to form cubes
How to cut the onions?
I went for strips of onion for this salad but feel free to chip into cubes!
- Peel onion and section off ¼- ½ of it
- Slice a small portion off the side to make a nice flat edge
- Slice thin pieces of onion off then roughly chop the onion into various sizes
How to cube avocado?
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pit either with a knife (carefully!) or a spoon
- Slice through the flesh of the avocado in horizontal and vertical lines to form cubes without slicing through the peel
- Use a spoon to scoop out the avocado
How to cut tomatoes?
- Use a serrated knife to slice the tomatoes into ~8 even slices
- Cut those slices into cubes
Do I have to use Roma tomatoes?
Nope! Cube any tomatoes you have or if using smaller tomatoes like grape or cherry then simply slice them in half!
Not a fan of cilantro or onions?
Leave them out! This would still be a tasty cucumber avocado tomato salad!
How to store leftovers (if you have any!)?
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container and refrigerate. Eat within 2-3 days.
This is truly a super easy recipe that won’t disappoint! It’s healthy, flavorful and delicious! Give it a try!
For more delicious recipes check out:
Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 1 Cucumber
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 3 avocados
- ½ cup cilantro
- ¼ -½ red onion*
- 3 tbs lemon juice or juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Peel cucumber and chop into squares. Place in large bowl. (1 cucumber)
- Chop up tomatoes, avocados, cilantro and onion. Place in bowl. (4 Roma tomatoes, 3 avocados, ½ cup cilantro, ¼ cup- ½ cup red onion)
- Pour lemon juice and olive oil over it.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper then stir.
*Refrigerate and store in an air tight container for 2-3 days. Avocado will start to brown after 2-3 days (even with the added lemon juice).
I made this recipe for part of my Hearthstone inspired series! I call it my Shudderwock salad because like the card (that gets played again and again) you will want to make this again and again!
If you are wondering what Hearthstone is all about you can read more about it here!
Hearthstone Card Image from Gamepedia
All mention of Hearthstone is copy right protected by: ©2014 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Heroes of Warcraft is a trademark, and Hearthstone is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Blizzard Entertainment is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved.