This is the best breakfast tacos recipe! They are so easy to make and so delicious!
Filled with delicious and fresh ingredients along with the best scrambled eggs ever- you will want these tasty breakfast tacos every morning!
I usually find myself making these when I have nothing to make for dinner or want to have something extra tasty for breakfast. Eggs and Tortillas are always something I have on hand – so why not!
How to make breakfast tacos recipe:
- If you are making any type of salsa or pico de gallo for these do that first.
- Cook your bacon. You can bake it, or fry it!
- Fry your tortillas: heat up a little oil in a fry pan, add a tortilla, flip after 30ish seconds and then let the new side cook until it starts to brown. I like to fold the tortilla over when it starts to harden up and fry it like that to get the classic taco shape!
- Whisk eggs with seasoning then in a cold fry pan add butter and eggs. Turn heat to medium and continuously whisk until cooked.
- Build your taco! Layer the taco shell with egg, salsa, bacon, and salsa!
If you are looking for a healthy breakfast taco recipe, I would probably use diced Canadian bacon instead of bacon, and just warm your tortillas up without frying them. Still delicious but a little lighter on the calories.
How to make the best scrambled eggs?
Whisk your eggs, salt, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Whisking the salt in before cooking helps break down the eggs a little making them creamy.
Add a little butter to a cold fry pan along with the whisked eggs. Heat the eggs over medium heat whisking continuously until fully cooked.
Whisking continuously makes small curds. Melting the butter while whisking and cooking the eggs make them custardy and delicious.
Bacon- fry or bake?
Either way is great it just depends on how much time you have and what is easiest for you! Learn how to bake bacon here!
Other Breakfast taco toppings?
- Red Salsa
- Hot Sauce
- Salsa Verde
- Onion and Cilantro
- Diced Canadian bacon or ham
Do you love breakfast tacos too? Let me know in the comments below!
For more delicious breakfast recipes checkout:
- Easy Breakfast Burritos
- Delicious Breakfast Sandwich
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast
- Quick Sticky Buns (less than 30 minutes!)
- Easy Egg Cups
Watch how to make this recipe!
Best Breakfast Tacos Recipe
- 4 oz bacon
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsps butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder to taste
- 9 mini corn tortillas or 6 regular corn tortillas
- Oil for frying tortillas
- Pico de Gallo
- Salsa Verde
- Hot Sauce
- If making pico or salsa verde make that first then set aside.Pico de Gallo
- Cook bacon in oven or fry on top of the stove then crumble. Sometimes when I fry bacon, I will cut it into small pieces first. When finished cooking and cool enough to handle chop into pieces.4 oz bacon
- Heat 1-2 tbs of oil in fry pan then fry tortillas- I like to lightly brown on one side then flip and lightly brown the other side.Oil for frying tortillas, 9 mini corn tortillas
- Whisk eggs, salt, and garlic powder. In a cold nonstick pan add the butter and the whisked eggs. Turn heat to medium and whisk continuously until eggs are cooked.*6 eggs, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, 2 tsps butter
- Fill taco shells with egg, add crumbled bacon, and any other toppings. Enjoy!Salsa Verde, Hot Sauce, Avocado, Cilantro, Onion, Cheese
A long time ago I used this recipe for my Hearthstone inspired Menu. Hearthstone is an online card game you can read more about here.
I turned this recipe into devilsaur egg breakfast tacos.
Hearthstone Card Image from Gamepedia
©2014 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Heroes of Warcraft is a trademark, and Hearthstone is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Blizzard Entertainment is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved.