This is the best bacon breakfast burrito recipe and is so delicious and will quickly become a favorite of yours!
It’s easily customizable and can be frozen ahead of time to save you time in the morning! Just grab, microwave and go!
With delicious and simple ingredients, you can have a tasty breakfast every morning!
For more delicious breakfast ideas check out:
How to make easy breakfast burritos?
- If you are making your own salsa or pico de gallo do that first.
- Cook your bacon. Bake (find out how here!) or fry the bacon, allow it to cool and then crumble it. Sometimes when frying it I will even cut it up into little pieces before cooking.
- Whisk eggs with seasoning then in a cold fry pan add butter and eggs. Turn heat to medium and continuously whisk until cooked.
- Build your burritos with all the fillings of your choice.
- Roll burrito close and then brown the sides of the burrito for a nice crunch.
Easy Breakfast burrito options:
I tried to keep things simple with just bacon, cheese, onion, and cilantro. However, you might enjoy these additions:
- Cooked Sausage
- Cooked Hash browns
- Green Chile (a favorite here in NM)
- Hot Sauce
- Ham/Canadian Bacon
- Pieces Steak
Pro tip for making the perfect breakfast burrito: Don’t add too much filling or else you won’t be able roll up the burrito! I’ve done this way too many times!If you want larger burritos or want lots extra of toppings buy the extra-large flour tortillas.
How to roll a burrito?
Layer ingredients in a line on your tortilla. Then tuck in the sides a little and roll from the bottom of the tortilla up.
I realize bottom is relative but hopefully you understand.
Freezer breakfast burritos recipe:
I love making a batch or two of these burritos up ahead of time and freezing them.
To do this simply make all the burritos but don’t brown the sides. Then wrap each one in parchment paper and stick in Ziploc gallon baggie and freeze.
They should keep for up several months in the freezer. When you want to eat one simply remove from the freezer and microwave for 30 second intervals until the burrito is warmed through.
Pro tip: If you make a bunch of breakfast burritos with different fillings (like some have sausage and some have bacon) write on the outside after rolling them in parchment paper what kind they are!
You are able to microwave them while they are wrapped in the parchment paper- it’s safe! Don’t microwave them if you happen to wrap them in foil- that is a dangerous situation!
Once heated through you can eat as is or brown the sides in a pan with a lilt butter over medium heat. Add a little salsa and you are good to go!
What are your favorite breakfast burrito fillings? Let me know in the comments below!
If you like this recipe check out:
- Orange Julius Smoothie
- Easy Sticky Buns
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Easy Chocolate Truffles
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
Watch how to make this recipe!
Best Bacon Breakfast Burritos
- 8 oz bacon
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 white onion diced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- Salsa of choice
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- If making pico or salsa do that first.
- In a medium fry pan cook bacon* until done to your desired crispiness. When cool enough cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and garlic powder. In a cold nonstick pan add the butter and the whisked eggs. Turn heat to medium and whisk continuously until eggs are cooked. *
To make burritos
- Lay a flour tortilla on a flat surface.
- Add a sprinkle of cheese, scrambled egg, bacon, salsa, onion, and cilantro. Add any additional ingredients like cooked hash browns, avocado or hot sauce now too.
- Roll up the burrito, tucking the ends of the tortilla in as you roll.
- After rolling, if eating immediately you can eat as is or brown the sides of the burrito for a nice crunch by heating 1 teaspoon of butter a medium fry pan, once hot brown the burrito until golden brown on all sides.
- If meal prepping- wrap each burrito in parchment paper and place in a gallon freezer safe ziploc bag and freeze. To eat after freezing simply remove from the Ziploc bag and microwave with the parchment paper on for 30 seconds at time until warm through- takes about 1:30. You can eat as is or brown the sides.
- *You can also bake your bacon- it’s super easy!
- *Freezing the burritos with any extras inside (like avocado or hash browns) should be fine
- Diced green chile
- Cooked hash brown
- Avocados sliced
- Hot Sauce