Easy beef fajita tacos- flavorful, easy to make, and perfect for dinner!
This is one of my go-to dinner recipes. It is quick to cook and always is so delicious!
Here’s a question for you! Are fajitas tacos?
Fajitas usually come with tortillas… and I always make a taco when I order them at a restaurant. What do you think?
Check out these other tasty taco recipes:
Another thing I love about this easy beef fajita recipe, is that it uses only one pan so clean up is easy!
How to make fajita tacos?
- Slice your steak into thin strips
- Cook it with all the seasonings
- Remove from pan the wipe the pan clean
- Then sauté all the veggies
How long should you marinate fajita steak?
For this recipe you don’t need a marinade! You just add everything to the pan it cooks into a delicious easy fajita!
The lime juice will add a tasty flavor and also break down the meat (tenderize it) when it cooks!
What kind of beef do you use for fajitas?
I like to use a thin steak like thin sliced round. However, if you want thicker steak slices a NY Strip or Tri Tip would work well.
Do you have to use liquid smoke or Worcestershire sauce?
Nope- the steak fajita tacos will still be delicious without them! However, if you can use them, I highly recommend it.
What bell peppers should you use?
I love using bell pepper slices from several different colored bell peppers. I just love seeing all the colors. However, you can use any bell peppers you prefer.
Tacos de Fajita- easy to make and delicious to eat!
Can I cook the steak and veggies ahead of time? Do fajitas reheat well?
Yes, I love cooking up the steak and veggies, refrigerating them and then reheating everything.
To reheat the meat and veggies you can either microwave or toss them in a sauté pan and heat up.
What are your favorite toppings for fajita tacos?
I recommend cilantro, sour cream, avocado, and pico! My cilantro sauce, green salsa, or red chile sauce would all be tasty on these too!
For more tasty recipes check out:
- Green Chile Cheeseburgers
- Best Fried Rice
- White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Grilled Pear Salad
- Lemon Cookies
Watch how to make this recipe!
Easy Beef Fajita Recipe – Fajita Tacos
- 3 tbs olive oil divided
- 1 lb thin sliced round steak
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce optional but recommended
- 1 tbs liquid smoke optional but recommended
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 ½ bell pepper julienned (sliced into strips) *
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ yellow onion thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- Cilantro optional
- Sour cream optional
- Avocado optional
- Pico optional
- Small/Medium Flour Tortillas
How to make fajita tacos:
- Slice your steak into strips. (1 lb thinly sliced round steak)
- Add 2tbs olive oil to pan and heat over medium high heat. (2 tbs olive oil)
- Once oil it warm add your steak, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, lime juice, and all the seasoning. Cook, stirring somewhat frequently until steak is cooked. About 3-5 minutes.
- While meat is cooking, slice up your veggies and mince your garlic. (2tbs Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbs liquid smoke, 1/3 cup lime juice, 1 tbs garlic powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1.2 tsp paprika)
- Once the meat is done remove from pan. Draining any juices and wipe clean.
- Add remaining 1 tbs of oil to the pan. Add in your veggies and garlic and sauté until cooked to your liking. I enjoy the veggies to be cooked down until slightly soft but still have a little crunch. (1 ½ bell peppers, ¼ red onion, ¼ yellow onion, 4 minced garlic cloves)
- Serve everything on a warmed small flour tortilla with, cilantro, sour cream, avocado, and pico. Enjoy!
• I like to use a half green, half red, and a half yellow/orange bell pepper- the variety of colors is so pretty. However, you can use whatever bell peppers you want.
Post was updated on 8/24/2020