The Best Pico de Gallo recipe you will ever need! Fresh, flavorful, and easy- you will want to put this Pico on everything!
Salsas of any kind are some of my favorite condiments. They are great for dipping chips and topping all types of dishes with.
This easy Pico recipe is one of my go to favorites- it’s perfect on tacos, fajitas, just on chips, breakfast burritos, and so much more! Shoot I’d even put in on a tasty burger!
Some of my other favorite salsas:
- Salsa Verde
- Mango Salsa
- Red Chile Salsa
- Cilantro Lime Sauce (not a salsa technically but similar!)
Living in the Southwest I get to try different salsa and every restaurant and my favorites are usually a chunky Pico.
You just can’t beat the texture and the freshness.
The best Pico de Gallo is just a mixture of a few simple and fresh delicious ingredients. It’s so easy.
How to make Pico de Gallo?
- Rinse your tomatoes, cilantro, and Jalapeno
- Chop or dice the onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and jalapeno (with the seeds removed!)
- Mix everything in a bowl with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and lime.
What is the difference between salsa and Pico?
Pico is a type of salsa that in uncooked and typically chunkier. Many other salsas are more liquid and have been processed in a blender and possibly cooked.
How many days is Pico de Gallo good for?
I recommend eating within a week of making.
Can you make Pico de Gallo ahead of time?
Yes! The flavors actually get better after the salsa sits in the refrigerator for a few days.
What do you serve with Pico de Gallo?
- Add some to guacamole
- Add to tacos, burritos, and quesadillas
- Top a burger or chicken sandwich for a fresh Mexican twist
- Add to fish or steak
- Eat with chips!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out:
Watch how to make this recipe!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Best Pico de Gallo
- 1 Medium White Onion chopped
- 2 Roma Tomatoes diced
- ½ head of Cilantro chopped
- 1 Jalapeno diced with seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tbs Garlic Powder*
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Juice from 1 Lime- ~ 2 tsp
- Zest from Lime- optional
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients. Stir and enjoy. For maximum flavor allow Pico de Gallo to sit for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator. (1 medium White Onion, 2 Roma Tomatoes, ½ head of Cilantro, 1 Jalapeno, 1 teaspoon Salt, 1 teaspoon Pepper, 1 tbs Garlic Powder, 1 teaspoon Cumin, Juice from 1 Lime, Zest from Lime)
- *If you want to use real garlic, I recommend micro planning or using a garlic press on 1-2 cloves.
- *Refrigerate any leftovers and eat within a week.
- *It’s easiest to zest a lime before squeezing the juice from it.
- *This is my favorite citrus juicer/press and my favorite garlic press (if using real garlic)- amazon affiliate links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply