This hot spinach artichoke dip recipe is not only delicious but easy to make! Fun for any party or just a delicious dinner- you will want to make this ASAP!
Cheesy spinach artichoke dip is what it’s all about! I know I’ve shared my cold bacon spinach dip but I wanted to share one of my favorite dips ever!
This is the best spinach artichoke dip! So full of flavor and so easy to make!
Hot spinach artichoke dip is actually something I love to get as an appetizer at restaurants and I figured I might as well come up with a tasty version to make at home.
And you guys- this is way better than any restaurant!
Fore more tasty recipes check out:
- Cucumber Avocado Salad
- BBQ Sliders
- Best Burger Sliders
- Buffalo Wing Popcorn
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
How to make spinach artichoke dip:
- Drain and chop up your artichoke hearts.
- Thaw and squeeze your spinach.
- Combine cream cheese, sour, cream, may, garlic powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Then add in the spinach, mozzarella, parmesan, and artichoke hearts.
- Pour in an oven safe dish and bake
Can I cook this hot spinach artichoke dip in a crock pot?
Yes! Follow the instructions but place the dip in a crock pot and heat up on high until warm- usually takes about 2 hours.
This spinach and artichoke dip is easy to make and delicious!
Do I have to use frozen spinach? Can I use fresh for this dip?
You can use fresh but it takes a few more steps. You will want to cook down 1lb of fresh spinach and then squeeze out the excess water.
Red pepper flakes? Where can I get those?
You can find red pepper flakes with all the spices in the baking isle. Alternatively, you can use the little packets leftover from takeout pizza!
Red pepper flakes are required for this recipe but I do love the little bit of heat and flavor they add.
Serve this with crackers, tortilla chips or bread!
I highly recommend my no knead bread to dip in this recipe or use it to make a bread bowl and serve the dip out of it! However, if you are feeling a little extra serve this dip out for artichoke bowls! (Instructions on how to make this in recipe notes below!)
If you like this recipe make sure to check out these other tasty recipes:
- Easy Chocolate Cake Pops
- Lemon Cookies
- Crispy Chicken Tenders
- Pasta Salad
- Homemade Lemonade
- Watermelon Drink
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip- perfect any time!
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1 can artichoke hearts 13.75 oz
- 10 oz frozen spinach – thawed and drained
- 8 oz cream cheese softened (left out of the fridge for a little bit)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1½ cups shredded parmesan
For the artichoke bowls (optional):
- 2 Artichokes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain and chop the artichoke hearts. Thaw and drain/squeeze out excess water from spinach. (10 oz spinach, 1 can artichoke hearts)
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt,pepper, and red pepper flakes. If the cream cheese is still cold it will be hard to mix everything together. However, you can use a hand mixer or stand mixer to combine everything if need be! (8 oz cream cheese, ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup mayo, 2 tbs garlic powder, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp red pepper flakes)
- In a different bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. If the cream cheese is still cold it will be hard to mix everything together. However, you can use a hand mixer or stand mixer to combine everything if need be!
- Add in the spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, mozzarella, and parmesan- stirring until well combined. (1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella, 1 ½ cups shredded parmesan)
- Pour everything into an oven safe glass baking dish, ceramic dish, or cast iron pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then broil on high for 3 minutes, or until the top starts to brown.
- Enjoy!I recommend using my easy no knead bread to dip into this! Or you can even make it and use it as a bread bowl to serve this dip out of!
- If your artichokes have stems, using a sharp knife, cut the stem off and make sure the artichoke will sit level.
- Carefully remove the center artichoke leaves from the artichokes. This will take a little bit of work because there are so many layers! But you should be able to pull them out fairly easily. The majority of the petals will be the small, soft purple ones.
- You should be left with a decent size whole in the center with the choke part of the artichoke showing. The choke looks like little hairs which sit above the artichoke heart. You want to scrape these out since they aren’t edible and can get lodged in people’s throats…. No good!
- Using foil make a small bowl. I like use a small bowl to help shape the foil initially.
- Gently fold back as many artichoke petals as you can to get the foil bowl into the center. I like to use foil to line these because they aren’t cooked and can have some little bugs inside of them hiding in all the petals. So it’s best to be safe!
- Then scoop the dip into the foil bowl and voila! You have a super cool centerpiece!
- Once done with using the artichokes as bowls keep them and cook them!
I used this recipe in my Hearthstone inspired menu as Hot Sherazin Seed Dip! Served out of artichoke bowls this looks like a real Sherazin Seed!
Hearthstone Card Image from Gamepedia
©2014 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Hearthstone is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Blizzard Entertainment is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
Thank you Hearthstone for the some of the fun items given to me for my pictures!
Recipe updated on 4/13/2020