Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese are an easy and delicious treat! Topped with a spicy honey sauce, this tasty bacon wrapped dates recipe will be on repeat for every get together!
Bacon, dates, and goat cheese is one of those combos that hits all the right spots. Sweet, savory- and bacon!
I was so excited when they sent me enough to make these delicious treats.
Good Ranchers sells high quality, delicious meat shipped right to your door. They only source meat from USA ranchers and give meals to those in need with every box purchased.
This Fall they are sending out Pumpkin Spice Bacon and let me tell you it is one of the best flavored bacons I’ve ever had.
What you need for Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese:
Bacon: I used 10 oz of Good Rancher’s Pumpkin Spice Bacon, it’s pretty thick and extra delicious!
Dates: I like to get dates already pitted, makes this recipe even faster to make!
Glaze: Honey, Red Pepper Flakes, Rosemary, Cayenne
This recipe is so simple and easy to make!
How to make bacon wrapped dates with goat cheese?
- Remove pits from dates.
- Stuff with goat cheese.
- Slice bacon strips into 3rds. Then wrap a piece around each date, securing the end with a toothpick.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- While baking combine glaze ingredients.
- After the second bake, brush bacon wrapped dates with ⅓rd of the glaze and bake for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with remaining glaze.
These dates take 20 minutes to cook (10 minutes each side) and an additional 3 minutes to caramelize the glaze on top.
Pro Tip: Bacon should only wrap around the date no more than 1.5 times. If it wraps around more the bacon tends to be soggy and not crisp up.
Bacon Thickness: Good Ranchers bacon is a thickly sliced bacon. If using a thinly sliced bacon check the wrapped dates more frequently while baking to prevent over cooking/burning.
I’d check around the 6 and 8-minute mark, flip when browned on the bottom, then repeat.
Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese
- 7 slices bacon* cut into 3rds I used Good Ranchers Pumpkin Spice Bacon
- 21 Dates pitted*
- 4-6 oz goat cheese
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- Pinch Cayenne
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- If you have dates with pits cut date lengthwise, but not all the way through, and remove pit. You want the date to be a like a hot dog bun or clam shell.
- Stuff each date with goat cheese.4-6 oz goat cheese
- Wrap dates with bacon and secure with a tooth pick. The bacon should only go around the date a little less than 1.5 times, otherwise it won’t crisp up.7 slices bacon* cut into 3rds, Toothpicks
- Bake dates for 10 minutes. If using thin sliced bacon see notes.* Then carefully using the toothpick rotate each date so the bacon that was touching the baking sheet is now in the air and vice versa. This will help crisp the bacon evenly.
- Bake for another 10 minutes until browned.
- While baking mix together all the glaze ingredients. After the second 10-minute bake remove from oven and brush with ⅓ of the honey glaze. Return to oven and bake for 3 more minutes.¼ cup Honey, 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, 1 teaspoon Rosemary, Pinch Cayenne
- Remove from oven, serve with remaining glaze and enjoy!
- *A pack of Good Ranchers Bacon is 10 oz and has 7 thick pieces. If you are using a different bacon adjust accordingly.
- *Thickness- If using a thinly sliced bacon check the dates more frequently while baking to prevent over cooking/burning. I’d check around the 6 and 8-minute mark, flip when browned on the bottom, then repeat.