This apple streusel pie is simple and delicious. Tender apples, crunchy sweet streusel, this is the perfect apple pie!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I originally made this recipe to celebrate Pi day and have been making it ever since! It is one of my favorite apple pie recipes.
It's really easy to make and full of fall flavors- which I love!
Ingredients for Pie
1. Pie Crust- this can be homemade or frozen. If you want a great homemade pie crust check out my Caramel Pear Pie recipe!
- Sugar- White and Brown
- Quick Oats
- Apples- I used ambrosia, but any pie apples will work
- Lemon Juice
- Sugar- white and brown
- Spices- cinnamon & nutmeg
How to make apple streusel pie?
- Peel, core, and slice apples.
- Combine remaining filling ingredients then mix in with sliced apples.
- Place apples in pie crust
How to make streusel topping for apple pie?
- Combine flour, sugars, quick oats, cinnamon, and butter. I like to cut the butter by either mixing everything in my food processor or just using a simple pastry cutter. To see how to use a pastry cutter check out my easy biscuits recipe!
- Pour the streusel on top of apples, then gently press in place.
How long to bake streusel apple pie?
Bake your pie at 400°F for 15 minutes and then at 350°F for 45-50 minutes, or until the apples are cooked all the way through.
When it’s done, you can either eat it warm or at room temperature. Top it with some ice cream or whipped cream!
Can you make streusel without quick oats?
Absolutely! I have a tasty streusel that I use for my blueberry coffee cake that would be delicious on this!
Just sub flour for the bisquick if you go that route to make it easier on yourself!
Apple Streusel Pie
- 1 frozen or homemade pie crust
- 4-6 apples*
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ c white sugar
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ c butter melted
- ¾ c flour
- ¾ c brown sugar
- ½ c white sugar
- ¼ c quick oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ c butter cold
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Peel, core and slice apples. I like to slice them about ⅛”-¼” thick.4-6 apples*
- Combine lemon juice, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour and butter.1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice, ½ c white sugar, ¼ c brown sugar, 3 tbs flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ c butter melted
- Mix apples with sugar/butter mixture thoroughly then place apples in pie crust.1 frozen or homemade pie crust
- Combine all the topping ingredients to form a crumbly mixture. You can either use a pastry cutter, a fork, your hands or a food processor to cut in the butter.*¾ c flour, ¾ c brown sugar, ½ c white sugar, ¼ c quick oats, ¾ c butter, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Top apples with streusel.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400°F and then reduce heat to 350° and bake for an additional 45-50 minutes, or until apples are cooked all the way through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- *I used six ambrosia apples which made this pie really tall. Using four apples will taste just as good but won’t be as tall. You can also use any of your favorite baking apples for this recipe.
- To cut in the butter I recommend using a pastry cutter like this (affiliate) or if you have a food processor that is the easiest.
- I always like to put a rimmed baking sheet under the pie to catch any drippings.
Post updated on 12/20/21