Easy S’more Brownies Recipe, the perfect combination of chocolatey brownies, gooey marshmallow, delicious graham cracker, and tasty chocolate.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These S’mores Brownies are the best!
Do you guys love s’mores as much as I do? Like seriously- they are so good!
Check out these other tasty S'mores Treats:
Last week I shared my S’mores Cookie Bars with you and this week I bring you these beauties!
These brownies on their own are amazing- but make them into their s’more version and you have a killer combo!
I could talk forever about how good this S'more brownies recipe is- but let's talk about how to make them!
What ingredients do you need for S'more Brownies Recipe?
- Cocoa Powder- I used Hershey's Special Dark powder for these but regular will work too!
- Sugar- granulated white
- Espresso Powder- optional but so worth it! Find this online or in the coffee aisle at the grocery store!
- Large Eggs
- Baking Powder
- Graham Crackers
- Mini Marshmallows
- Marshmallow Creme/Fluff
- Chocolate Chips and Chocolate Chunks/Bars
- Graham Crackers
How to make S’mores Brownies?
- Whip up a batch of my easy homemade brownies
- Let cool then poke holes in the brownies using the end of a wooden spoon
- Pour your marshmallow fluff mixture over the top and spread it out
- Top with graham crackers, chocolate pieces, and mini marshmallows
- Broil on high for 1-2 minutes- watching the marshmallows carefully so they don’t burn
- Eat up!
Do I have to make S'mores Brownies from scratch?
Nope. You can bake up your favorite box mix and then top the same way I top my brownies in this recipe!
I just think my homemade brownies are sooooo much better than box brownies.
Can I use unsweetened baking chocolate bars? Or regular cocoa powder?
For these brownies I used Hershey’s Super Dark Cocoa powder because I love my brownies made with it. But you can use 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate or regular cocoa powder.
Regular cocoa powder is a 1:1 swap with the dark cocoa powder.
If you use unsweetened baking chocolate simply follow the directions here.
Can I make these s’mores brownies dairy free?
Yes!!! Swap out the butter for coconut oil. Marshmallows are naturally dairy free and simply use your favorite dairy free chocolate chips. Graham crackers are usually dairy free too- just check the labels. Easy peasy!
Do I need to use espresso powder? Why is it in the recipe?
Espresso powder is not required to make these so if you don’t have you can just leave it out. It doesn’t make the brownies taste like coffee.
Espresso powder has been known to make chocolate goodies (like cakes and brownies) taste even more chocolatey and that’s why I love using it!
What are your favorite S’mores desserts? Or do you stick with the classic?
If you like this recipe make sure to check out these other tasty desserts:
- Easy Lemon Bars
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars
- Chocolate Cake Pops
And don't miss my latest posts:
- Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- Ideas That Matter: Ones to Watch
- How to freeze broccoli?
- Are Oreos Gluten Free?
- Can you eat coffee beans?
Watch how to make this recipe!
S’more Brownies Recipe
- ¾ cup + 3 tbs unsalted butter
- ¾ cup cocoa powder*
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder optional
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips*
- 1 Jar of marshmallow crème 7oz
- 2 tbs of water
- 4 chocolate bars chopped (I used Hershey’s bars)
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers crushed
- 5 oz mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- In a microwave safe dish melt the butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until the butter is completely melted. (¾ cups plus 3 tbs unsalted butter)
- Stir cocoa powder into melted butter making sure there are no clumps. Set aside. (¾ cup cocoa powder)
- While butter mixture is cooling, in a separate small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. (1 cup flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon salt)
- In a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, mix together the butter mixture (it’s okay if it’s still warm), sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla. Then add the eggs one at a time, letting each egg become fully incorporated into the batter before adding the next. (2 cups sugar, 1 teaspoon espresso powder, 4 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla)
- By hand, with a large rubber spatula or mixing spoon, fold in the flour mixture. Folding in the flour will help the brownie batter keep the air in it.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. (1 cup chocolate chips)
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for an hour then using a wooden dowel or the end of a wooden spoon poke holes into the brownies in a grid type pattern.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the marshmallow cream for 15-30 seconds or until the crème is melted. Stir in 2 tbs of water to make the crème pourable. (7 oz marshmallow crème, 2 tbs water).
- Pour the crème over the brownies. Use a spatula or spoon to smooth it over the holes.
- Spread crushed graham crackers and chopped chocolate bars over the brownies. Top with marshmallows. (1 sleeve of graham crackers, 4 chocolate bars, 5oz mini marshmallows)
- Turn your oven broiler on high and place brownies in the over. Broil for 1-2 minutes but WATCH the marshmallows carefully! You only want them to brown and it is very easy to go from perfect browned marshmallows to burned mess using the broiler.
- *I used special dark cocoa powder, but normal cocoa powder will work too.
- *You can also use two extra chocolate bars chopped up instead of chocolate chips.
Post updated 6/2/2021