Surprise Cupcakes, easy to make and fun for everyone! If you are like me and love filled cupcakes- these surprise cupcakes are for you!
PIN NOW AND SAVE FOR LATER
I am a sucker for sprinkles- I love them on cookies, cupcakes, doughnuts, cakes, ice cream- anything sweet only gets better by adding cupcakes in my opinion!
A long time ago I made hidden cache cupcakes for a mini food series I was doing and I thought it would be perfect to fill the cupcakes with sprinkles as if they were filled with hidden treasure.
It was perfect!
Since then I’ve made Fourth of July Cupcakes with a “firework” explosion of sprinkles hidden inside, and even piñata cupcakes with a colorful assortment sprinkles ready to burst out!
Filled cupcakes take your desserts to the next level!
Having a surprise inside a cupcake isn’t limited to sprinkles either! I love filling them with caramel, lemon curd, or even just delicious dark chocolate frosting.
How to make surprise cupcakes:
- Remove a small portion of the cupcake center
- Stuff holes with sprinkles or other filling
- Pipe frosting on top
How do I cut the hole out of the cupcake?
I recommend using a spoon, melon baller, or a potato peeler to cut the small center hole out of the cupcake.
What else can I fill cupcakes with?
Sprinkles, frosting, caramel, lindor chocolates, or your favorite little candies! All work well!
What kind of cupcakes should I use?
You can use any cupcake recipe! I love my chocolate cupcakes, yellow cupcakes, and white cupcakes! Or give these orange cupcakes a try!
Need some tasty frosting options? Give these a try:
- Easy Vanilla Buttercream
- Strawberry Buttercream
- Stabilized Whipped Cream Frosting
- Grapefruit Frosting
- Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Buttercream
- Milk Chocolate Buttercream
- Brown Sugar Buttercream
Have you ever made filled cupcakes? Or had a cupcake with sprinkles inside? Let me know in the comments below!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER & SIGN UP FOR MY EMAIL NEWSLETTER!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- Sprinkles lots!
- Piping Tip I love using the 1M
- Piping Bag
- Using a spoon, melon baller, or potato peeler (like me!), cut a circle out of the top of the cupcake and scoop out some of the inside of the cupcake.
- Stuff the hole with sprinkles- pack them in there! (Or fill with filling like caramel or lemon curd!)
- Using your piping tip and bag full of frosting pipe on a huge swirl of frosting! I like to start in the middle over the hole, then in a spiral out and eventual up, apply the frosting.
- Finish decorating with more sprinkles
Leave a Reply