Surprise Cupcakes, easy to make and fun for everyone! If you are like me and love filled cupcakes- these surprise cupcakes are for you!
It was perfect!
Filled cupcakes take your desserts to the next level!
How to make surprise cupcakes:
- Remove a small portion of the cupcake center
- Stuff holes with sprinkles or other filling
- Pipe frosting on top
How do I cut the hole out of the cupcake?
I recommend using a spoon, melon baller, or a potato peeler to cut the small center hole out of the cupcake.
What else can I fill cupcakes with?
Sprinkles, frosting, caramel, lindor chocolates, or your favorite little candies! All work well!
What kind of cupcakes should I use?
Need some tasty frosting options? Give these a try:
- Easy Vanilla Buttercream
- Strawberry Buttercream
- Stabilized Whipped Cream Frosting
- Grapefruit Frosting
- Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Buttercream
- Milk Chocolate Buttercream
- Brown Sugar Buttercream
Have you ever made filled cupcakes? Or had a cupcake with sprinkles inside? Let me know in the comments below!
- Sprinkles lots!
- Piping Tip I love using the 1M
- Piping Bag
- Using a spoon, melon baller, or potato peeler (like me!), cut a circle out of the top of the cupcake and scoop out some of the inside of the cupcake.
Stuff the hole with sprinkles- pack them in there! (Or fill with filling like caramel or lemon curd!)
- Using your piping tip and bag full of frosting pipe on a huge swirl of frosting! I like to start in the middle over the hole, then in a spiral out and eventual up, apply the frosting.
- Finish decorating with more sprinkles