This white cupcake recipe is not only extremely easy but really tasty! With the addition of instant pudding and some other key ingredients, these cupcakes will be a hit whenever you eat them!
I know box cake mixes get such a bad rap from so many people! I get it! Really! The in-authenticity of using a box cake mix is sad and doesn’t taste as good as from scratch right?!
Well, you are right sometimes… sometimes a box cake mix can taste just as good as scratch- at least to me. I have made plenty of cakes and cupcakes from scratch and love this boxed recipe just as much! Gasp! It’s super easy and tasty- you can’t go wrong with it!
Whenever I use a boxed cake mix I ALWAYS add ingredients to make it taste better and not like a box mix!
How to make white cupcakes:
- Mix together cake mix, instant pudding, milk, butter, and egg whites
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes
- Let cool, frost, and then eat!
Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes!
Who doesn’t love a moist white cupcake recipe?!
These white cupcakes are perfect for birthdays, elegant weddings, holidays, or any get together!
Wondering what is the difference between white cupcakes and yellow cupcakes?
The easy answer is using egg whites vs the whole egg (yolk plus whites!). The egg yolks are yellow and contribute to the yellow cake being yellow! You definitely use more egg whites in a white cake because you have to make up for the missing protein from the yolks!
How long do you bake cupcakes at 350°F?
Only 12-15 minutes! You want the tops to slight brown (only slightly for white cupcakes!), and a toothpick inserted to come out clean!
These white cupcakes are easy to decorate and even easier to eat! Yum!
- Frost with my easy whipped cream frosting!
- Frost with the best chocolate frosting ever!
- Decorate with sprinkles!
- Or for a cupcake with filling- check out my easy lemon curd to fill these with!
What are your favorite ways to decorate cupcakes? Let me know in a comment below!
White Cupcake Recipe
- 1 box white cake mix I used the great value brand
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 egg whites
- 1 package instant white chocolate pudding mix
- For high altitude alterations see notes below*
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line your cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Combine boxed cake mix, whole milk, butter, egg whites, and instant pudding.
- Place ¼ cup of cake batter in each cupcake liner.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
*For high altitude adjustment (3500ft or above) add a 1/3 cup flour, use only 3 egg whites, and only ¼ cup of butter.