Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, easy to make and comes out perfect every time! With lots of chocolate and the prefect amount of chewiness, these chewy chocolate chip cookies are the best!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are by far one of my husband’s favorite desserts and he loves when I make him these!.
The smell when they are baking are reason enough to make these! So amazing!
This last week we had some wonderful friends over for dinner and to play some games. When they asked what they could bring my husband immediately suggested cookies!
Our go to cookie recipe is this easy chocolate chip recipe. It’s delicious every time!
The secret to the chewiness is instant pudding mix! It’s that simple!
How to make these chocolate chip cookies:
- Cream the butter, sugars and vanilla
- Add in the eggs one at a time
- Add in the flour, salt, baking soda, and instant pudding mix
- Fold in the chocolate- I like to use a mixture of both chocolate chunks and chocolate chips
- Bake at 375°F for 8-11 minutes
I live at high altitude so I need to make the necessary adjustments (see the notes above if you need them too!) Also, I typically make somewhat small cookies but you can make them bigger if you like, just make sure to change the cooking time accordingly.
Now you have a delicious, party ready dessert that can be enjoyed while playing a board game or just relaxing at the end of the day!
Can I make the cookie dough ahead of time?
You can make the dough ahead of time and freeze it. I like to roll the dough into balls, put them in a gallon ziploc baggie and stick them in the freezer.
This is super convenient! You can just grab one or two from the freezer days or weeks later and then bake them up.
They might take a few more minutes baking but they will taste just as good as if you had just made the dough!
High Altitude Adjustments for Cookies:
For high altitude decrease the white sugar 2/3 cups, brown sugar to 2/3 cups and increase flour to 2 ½ cups plus two 2 tsp water.
Do I have to add instant pudding mix? What about non-instant pudding mix?
No, but to me it makes these the perfect cookie. Slightly chewy and thick- delicious.
You must use instant pudding mix. Non-instant pudding mix will not work.
What type of pudding mix do you recommend?
Vanilla Instant Pudding and White Chocolate Instant Pudding have both worked great. If you use a chocolate pudding you will get something similar to my chocolate pudding cookies!
What is your favorite cookie? Have you ever tried freezing the dough? I’d love to know!
If you like these cookies check out some of my other favorite cookie recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Pudding Cookies (with Butterscotch and White Chocolate Chips!)
- Soft Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The BEST Decorated Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Peanut Butterfly Cookies
Easy Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 box vanilla or white chocolate instant pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- 4 oz 60% baking chocolate*
- For high altitude instructions see recipe notes below.*
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand up mixer bowl cream butter, sugar and vanilla. (1 cup butter, 3/4 cup white sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla)
- Add in eggs one at a time. Letting the first egg incorporate fully into the batter before adding the next. (2 eggs)
- Add in the flour, baking soda,salt, and instant pudding. Mix until fully combined. (2 1/4 cup flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 1 3.4oz package instant pudding mix- vanilla or white chocolate flavor)
- Roughly chop baking chocolate. (4 oz 60% baking chocolate)
- Fold in baking chocolate chunks and chocolate chips to cookie dough. (1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto lined baking sheet and bake for 8-11 minutes. They are ready to come out when they are slightly browned on top.
- Let cookies cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!