This white chocolate cheesecake is one of the best, creamiest, delicious cheesecakes I have ever eaten!
White Chocolate Cheesecake sounds fancy, but it is actually really easy to make- and you guys- it is like out of this world delicious.
I actually entered this recipe into a competition and it won. No surprise- because it is that good.
Check out these other tasty desserts too:
This cheesecake is so creamy- almost custard like- it is the ultimate cheesecake that you don’t want to miss!
Topped with my favorite blackberry sauce makes this the best cheesecake recipe ever. Yes, I said it! The BEST!
Let’s start at the beginning – with the crust!
Cheesecake Crust Recipe:
- Grease a springform pan with pam or butter
- In a food processor- or a ziplock baggie- crushe your graham crackers
- Combine crushed graham crackers, melted butter, sugar, and salt
- Press graham cracker mixture firmly into springform pan
It’s that easy!
- Use a cup or the heel of your palm to really press the crust into the pan.
- If you want to go all the way up the sides of the pan then I recommend making another batch of the graham cracker mixture since you will need a more.
How to make white chocolate cheesecake?
- In a microwave safe dish combine white chocolate pieces and heavy cream, microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds, stir, repeat until melted
- In a stand mixer combine cream cheese and sugar- mix until well combined
- Add the white chocolate mixture and mix until combined
- Add in the eggs- one at a time- making sure each egg is fully mixed in before adding the next
- Mix in the vanilla
How to bake cheesecake?
- Begin by wrapping the outside of the springform pan (with the crust already baked in it) with foil, especially around the base
- Move oven rack to the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F
- Pour the filling over the crust, then set the entire springform pan into a large roasting pan
- Fill the roasting pan with boiling water- it should reach ~2 inches up the side of the springform pan- be careful to not get water on the cheesecake mixture
- Carefully place the roasting pan with the cheesecake in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes- then lower the temperature of the oven to 225°F and bake for another 90 minutes.
- Once done baking, turn the oven off and allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature in the oven.
- Once at room temperature refrigerate for another 2 hours.
Why do the cream cheese and eggs have to be at room temperature?
This is to make sure everything mixes in correctly/smoothly. If the cream cheese is cold there will be chunks in the mixture and that won’t bake properly. If the eggs are cold, they won’t mix in as well either.
Why is my cheesecake jiggly?
- Once the cheesecake has fully baked it will still be very jiggly- with only the outer rim of the cheesecake not jiggly, this is normal! Allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature in the oven (with the oven turned off).
- Once the cheesecake has come to room temperature it will still be jiggly, less than when you turned the oven off but still pretty jiggly- that is normal! It just hasn’t fully set yet. If you watch my video you can see how jiggly it is at this stage.
What makes a cheesecake set?
- Allowing the cheesecake to cool completely will make it set. Refrigerating the cheesecake for the final 2 hours allows the cheesecake to firm up entirely.
How to keep cheesecake from cracking?
- Allowing your cheesecake to cool slowly and completely will help prevent this.
- Also baking the cheesecake in the water bath helps prevent cracking as well (while promoting even baking).
Do I have to make a water bath cheesecake?
I have found a water bath is the best way to bake this cheesecake. It always comes out perfectly baked and never cracks.
What pan do you use to make a cheesecake?
I use a 9-inch springform pan. A springform pan is important so you can remove the sides of the pan after you are ready to serve.
What type of white chocolate do you use for the this white chocolate cheesecake recipe?
I used Ghirardelli white baking chocolate squares found in the baking isle of my grocery store. Ghirardelli white chocolate cheesecake anyone? YUM!
How to cut cheesecake:
Using a sharp knife- slice the cheesecake, then wipe the knife clean, then cut again. Cleaning the knife between every cut will keep the cheesecake slice nice and sharp.
As if this white chocolate cheesecake isn’t delicious enough, I love to top it with a homemade blackberry sauce!
How to make the blackberry sauce?
- Simply combine the blackberries, sugar, and wine in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then stir for 3 minutes.
- Mix equal parts cornstarch and water in a small container.
- Remove from heat and stir in cornstarch, vanilla, and salt
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree to break up the blackberries a bit.
Do I have to use blackberries?
Nope! This would be delicious with raspberries too.
Can I make the sauce thicker?
Yep, you will simply want to boil the blackberry wine mixture for a few more minutes to reduce the liquid.
How to store blackberry sauce?
Refrigerate any leftover sauce in an airtight container for up to a week. Use leftover on pancakes, waffles, and ice cream!
Looking for more delicious desserts?
- The BEST German Chocolate Cake
- Lemon Cookies
- S’mores Brownies
- Homemade 3-layer Chocolate Cake
- Lemon Bars
- Caramel Pear Pie
Watch how to make this recipe!
White Chocolate Cheesecake with a Blackberry Sauce
- 12 Graham Crackers crushed
- 6 tbs unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbs Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 6 oz white chocolate
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 32 oz cream cheese room temperature*,
- 6 large eggs room temperature*
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blackberries rinsed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup dessert wine I like to use a berry wine
- 2 tbs water
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
Cheesecake Crust Recipe
- Grease a 9 in springform pan (I use Pam but butter will also work) and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine crushed graham crackers, melted butter, sugar, and salt. Mix thoroughly.12 Graham Crackers, 6 tbs unsalted butter, 1 tbs Sugar, Pinch of salt
- Press graham cracker mixture into the springform pan, packing it in firmly*.
- Bake crust in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
How to bake a cheesecake?
- Preheat oven to 350°F (or just leave on after baking the crust). Make sure the oven rack is in the center of the oven.
- In a microwave safe dish combine white chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until smooth. Set aside.6 oz white chocolate, ¼ cup heavy cream
- In the bowl of a stand-up mixer combine granulated sugar, and cream cheese. Mix until well combined.1 ¼ cup granulated sugar, 32 oz cream cheese
- Add in the melted white chocolate mixture, mixing until combined. Scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Once white chocolate mixture is fully incorporated, add in the eggs one at a time. Let each egg become fully incorporated before adding the next. Scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary.6 large eggs
- After the eggs are mixed in, add the vanilla, and mix until combined.2 teaspoon vanilla
- Using foil, wrap the bottom of your spring form pan that has the baked crust in it. - this will help keep the water out. *
- Then pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan.
- Place the cheesecake pan in a large roasting pan and pour boiling water into the roasting pan (making sure not to get water on the cheesecake). You want the water to reach ~2 inches up the side of the springform pan.
- Bake the cheesecake (in the roasting pan/water bath) at 350°F for 15 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 225°F and bake for another 90 minutes. After 90 minutes turn your oven off and allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature* (this will take an hour or more). When you first turn the oven off the cheesecake will jiggle significantly. After it comes to room temperature it will still have a slight jiggle. (see video for example). I also like to crack the oven door just slightly so it lets the hot air out a little faster.
- Once at room temperature, refrigerate for 2 hours to allow it to completely set (aka no more jiggle).
How to make Blackberry Sauce
- In a medium size saucepan, over medium heat, add blackberries, granulated sugar, and dessert wine. Bring to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Then remove from heat.2 cups blackberries, ⅓ cup dessert wine, ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- In a separate bowl combine cornstarch and water, whisking to fully combine.2 tbs water, 2 tbs cornstarch
- Stir cornstarch mixture into blackberry mixture. Then stir in vanilla and salt.½ teaspoon vanilla, Pinch of salt
- You can use the sauce as is or puree it a bit with either an immersion blender, or a regular blender. I typically blend it a little but still like to keep larger pieces of blackberries in it too.
Post updated on 12/20/21