This shrimp kabob recipe is easy, delicious, and perfect for grilling season! Lots of flavor with a little kick- these shrimp shish kabobs are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
This grilled shrimp recipe is inspired by the Hearthstone card Tuskarr Fisherman. This card is from the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion and not only has good stats but a great battle cry! Plus this Tuskarr Fisherman looks like he’s ready for a shrimp kabob!
When making this recipe I thought I’d be scientific and get fresh raw shrimp from my grocery store and frozen raw shrimp, then do a comparison like I did in my salmon recipe. Well, I definitely learned a lesson! Living in NM, driving from the grocery store to my home is enough to partially cook (and spoil!) fresh raw shrimp. Gross! I didn’t realize until the next day when I went to prepare the dish and saw that is was partially white and smelled pretty awful! So learn from my mistake- if you are buying fresh raw shrimp make sure it’s not a super hot day or bring an ice chest!
Also, we broke out my husband’s small charcoal grill to make these, so learning to light charcoal was a whole new experience! You might remember from my Smoked Angry Chicken recipe that I am used to smoking meat. Grilling was a fun new adventure!
Shrimp Kabob Marinade?
There is no marinade for this recipe! You can easily mix all the seasonings with the olive oil and lime juice, toss the shrimp in them and grill! It’s super fast and super tasty!
What seasoning to use on grilled shrimp?
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes-this makes the shrimp a little spicy! You can totally skip if you don’t want the heat!
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
What if you don’t have a bbq? How long do you cook shrimp kabobs in the oven?
- To cook shrimp kabobs in the oven simply preheat the oven to 450°F. Skewer your shrimp and lime halves. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet (use olive oil or non-stick cooking spray). Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the shrimp is white and opaque (not see through).
What if you don’t have skewers and don’t have a bbq?
- Bake in the oven by simply preheating the oven to 450°F then place shrimp on a lightly greased baking sheet (use olive oil or non-stick cooking spray). Try to make sure the shrimp are in one layer and not stacked on top of each other. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the shrimp is white and opaque.
- Or cook in a skillet on the stove top! Simply heat up 1 tbs olive oil in a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add your shrimp, stirring frequently, and cook for 5-7 minutes or until white and opaque!
If you want a lot more heat make you can dip the shrimp in my Ragnaros Firesauce!
Or sever them up in tacos in my easy shrimp tacos recipe!
Have any more shrimp questions? What is your favorite thing to grill? Have you ever had food spoil on the way home from the grocery store?! Let me know in the comments below!
Tuskarr Fisherman’s Shrimp Kabobs
- 1 lb extra-large raw shrimp * peeled and deveined (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 10 key limes optional
- If shrimp are frozen thaw them under cold running water.
- Heat up your grill (for alternative cooking methods see the post above)
- In a medium sized bowl mix together all the spices, olive oil, and lime juice.
- Add in the shrimp and toss to coat. I used my hands to do this but tongs should work well too.
- Skewer the shrimp alternating between shrimp and key lime halves.
- Brush your grill grate lightly with olive oil. Cook the shrimp kabobs on the grill for 3 minutes, flip, and cook for another three. When done the shrimp should no longer be see through, but white, pink, and opaque (not see through!).
Hearthstone Card Image from Gamepedia
©2014 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Hearthstone is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Blizzard Entertainment is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved.